issues with 8.2

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
mirko
AV Hardware:TwonkyServer 8.2 on OpenMediaVault 1.19 (Kralizec) / Debian 7.9 (Wheezy)
issues with 8.2

Post by mirko » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:16 pm

I have several issues with TwonkyServer 8.2
  • On my web client I get "An unknown error occurred while navigating the server twonky".
  • The status of the server keeps being "Rescan Content Folders - In Progress..."; "Last Database Update In Progress... [+/]tmp" even though I set the rescan interval to 1440 minutes.
  • How can I make sure, that .m4a / .m4b are shown on my clients (Raumfeld) which support these files.
Can you help?

Twonky_Marco
AV Hardware:WDTV Live, PS3, Twonky Server

Re: issues with 8.2

Post by Twonky_Marco » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:21 am

Is this a fresh installation or did you update from another version? If you updated, which version was it?
Have you tried to rebuild the database? Sometimes after an update this is necessary. Use http://<ip-of-your-nas:9000>/rpc/rebuild

If this doesn't help please provide a log file. You can find detailed instructions here: http://www.twonkyforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3922
If you don't like to upload the log-file here in the forum please send a mail to support@twonky.com.

mirko
AV Hardware:TwonkyServer 8.2 on OpenMediaVault 1.19 (Kralizec) / Debian 7.9 (Wheezy)

Post by mirko » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:26 pm

Thanks for your help. Only a complete reinstall helped. I came from a Twonky 7.x. I like the enormous speed-up of the scanning.

The problem I noticed did not belong to m4a/m4b files, but my Raumfeld Clients do not seem to support your separation of audiobooks.

All files sorted as audiobooks can't be accessed from Raumfeld. I set my Audiobooks folder to Music, I also removed all additional audiobook tags from the menu, still there are a few files left. I guess those are m4b files.

Do have any idea, what I can do about that? I'd prefer to use your separation and make Raumfeld accept these files as well.

Twonky_Marco
AV Hardware:WDTV Live, PS3, Twonky Server

Post by Twonky_Marco » Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:46 pm

Can you explain the problem a little bit more, please?

Does your client see the files but cannot play them or don't you see them at all?
Do you see the sub branch called Audiobooks in Music?

What Navigation Tree do you use?

Thanks,
Marco

mirko

Post by mirko » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:11 am

My client does not see the Audiobooks. On the website I see the sub branch.

I tried several navigation trees. As far as I understand, Raumfeld fully scans the media server and adds the files to its own index.

Mirko

mediasan
AV Hardware:Media Server

Post by mediasan » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:53 pm

Twonky Server 8.2 installed through QNAP NAS App Store apparently re-introduced a disconnect issue with certain DLNA clients in my case a Samsung TV UE32D6500.

This all worked well with build 7.x however, with 8.2 the server disconnects after 15-30 seconds whether I am playing a video or just browsing through the directories. The issue is persistent and can be reproduced. The Twonky server correctly identified the Samsung TV as a 'D' model Samsung receiver, however, I tried a few other types for test purposes without success.

Also relevant to know, it is still possible to stream the video to the Samsung TV but only if the stream is initiated through the Twonky Server Web interface and finally, the issue does not occur with all DLNA capable devices. For example, I initiate a stream from a Samsung Tablet.

There is another thread about this particular issue, however, since this category is named issues with 8.2, I felt it's appropriate to post it here too.