Twonky 8.2: Missing Folders

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
mcgege
AV Hardware:Server: Linux Box (OpenSUSE 42.1)
Clients: Noxon Audio, Onkyo TX-NR 636
Twonky 8.2: Missing Folders

Post by mcgege » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:22 pm

Hello,

after using Twonky v6 for a long time I just installed a new Linux box (with OpenSUSE 42.1) and put the TwonkyServer 8.2 on it. The Twonky process runs non-root and my files are served to the clients, but there are two folder problems here:

1) In Settings -> Sharing -> Browse some folders of the filesystem are missing (mostly system specific folders like /bin or /lib, but especially /opt, which is a mounted local filesystem on a second harddisk). The user the Twonky process runs as has sufficient filesystem rights to access the folder and the files, but it's just invisible to Twonky. I solved this by creating symbolic links from /opt to the /home-folder of this user (these links are visible to Twonky), but I'd like to access the files directly :roll:

2) One of my favorite albums is "Recycler" from ZZ TOP, and this album is also invisible / missing. Because of the special name of the album (it's also the folder name) I emptied the parameter "ignoredir" in twonkyserver.ini and did a rebuild of the database, but it's still missing. In the logfile (with full debug info) I found this:

Code: Select all

LOG_SYSTEM: upnp_ini_file_read_properties_from_file : ignoredir =
[...]
LOG_SCAN: scan_directory : ignored directory /home/service/twonky/medialinks/FLAC/ZZ TOP/Recycler
Help please ... :P

Michael

Twonky_Marco
AV Hardware:WDTV Live, PS3, Twonky Server

Re: Twonky 8.2: Missing Folders

Post by Twonky_Marco » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:04 pm

Hi,

1) You don't have to use the file browser to share new content. Just enter the path you want to share in the textfield and save. The directories you mentioned are ignored on purpose and therefore not listed in the file browser window but you can share any directory by typing the path in the textfield of the new share.

2) Please try to remove only RECYCLED from the ignoredir parameter. Otherwise the server will use the default value, which includes RECYCLED again.
Here is the original value of ignoredir again: ignoredir=AppleDouble,AppleDB,AppleDesktop,TemporaryItems,.fseventsd,.Spotlight-V100,.Trashes,.Trash,RECYCLED,RECYCLER,RECYCLE.BIN

Marco

mcgege
AV Hardware:Server: Linux Box (OpenSUSE 42.1)
Clients: Noxon Audio, Onkyo TX-NR 636

Post by mcgege » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:06 pm

Hi Marco,

#2 did the trick for my Recycler album, thanks!

But #1 doesn't work for me - I pasted in the exact path but the files were not recognized ... had to switch back to my symbolic links ...

Greetings

Michael

Twonky_Marco
AV Hardware:WDTV Live, PS3, Twonky Server

Post by Twonky_Marco » Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:27 pm

Hi Michael,

You are right this is not working. I was sure that this was working once. I will try to find out if this is a bug or intended.
For now I know no other way to create shares for these ignored system folders, than to use symbolic links.

Best regards,
Marco