Twonky 8.2 showing some titles as "data"

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
steamhead
Twonky 8.2 showing some titles as "data"

Post by steamhead » Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:47 pm

I've noticed some of the files in my library are showing in the navigation tree with a name of "data", regardless of the file name or what is set in the "Title tag".

It seems to be confined to video mp4 files on which I have either set the "Actor" tag, or embedded an image. Blanking out the Actor tag, or removing the embedded artwork image does not seem to fix it though, the only way I have found to fix it is to delete all tags on the file using the mp3tag program.

I'm using MediaMonkey as my library manager, to embed the artwork or set all the tags, and Twonky certainly doesn't seem to have a problem with embeded artwork mp3 files done this way, it just seems to be mp4 that Townky has the issue with.

Anybody know how to get Twonky to behave properly with the Actor tag set or an embedded image in mp4?

steamhead

Re: Twonky 8.2 showing some titles as "data"

Post by steamhead » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:22 am

Since discovering this I've found some films also showing with titles of data that I haven't touched in a long time and weren't showing incorrectly before I upgraded to 8.2 from a 5.x version of Twonky. These files haven't had any special tagging as far as I can remember.

Anybody know how I submit a bug report, since I never saw this on earlier versions for these files?

steamhead

Post by steamhead » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:31 pm

Since nobody here seems to be hitting it, and I still don't know how to officially report a bug, I've got a bit further with the diagnosis.

It seems to be any Video file that I amend the tags with MediaMonkey. It doesn't seem to matter which tags I change, just tagging using MediaMonkey seems to be the trigger to showing the title as "data".

One feature MediaMonkey has is to be able to simultaneously tag files with both ID3v1 and ID3v2 tags. The idea being that the resultant file will then be more compatible, having tags for both formats.

I've been tagging my mp3 files with Media Monkey for years, using both tags and Twonky is fine with them, but it's only recently I've started tagging my Video files, with a view to being able to take advantage of things like the Actor tag in Twonky. And it seems that video files containing dual tags seem to break Twonky.

As a circumvention I've set Media Monkey to only set ID3v2 tags and initial tests seem to be positive, but I've still got more testing to do.

Twonky_Marco
AV Hardware:WDTV Live, PS3, Twonky Server

Post by Twonky_Marco » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:50 pm

Hi,

sorry for the late response. We already had a look at this here but could not reproduce it. Then I simply forgot to answer here. I will give it another try and use id3v1 and id3v2 tags at once.

I am also sure that we have no problems with mp3 files tagged this way.

Best regards,
Marco

steamhead

Post by steamhead » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:55 pm

Thanks for that, I'm currently resetting all my "broken" mp4 files by deleting their tags, which is taking a while. But once done I'll rebuild my database to check it's clean, and then experiment with different scenarios to see which break it, and which don't.

My hopeful endgame is to be able to have mp4 files with embedded artwork and Actor tags set so I can set up a view by actor.