MP4's working fine here.. (Inc FF/REW/Pause)

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
mgillespie
AV Hardware:TwonkyMedia AV UPnP Mediaserver (Marvell Kirkwood ARM Sheevaplug with Debian Squeeze).
2x Noxon V2 audio client
1x PS3 Slim 500GB Audio/Video UPnP client.
1x Sony VGF-CP1 Wireless Photoframe.
MP4's working fine here.. (Inc FF/REW/Pause)

Post by mgillespie » Tue May 29, 2007 10:24 pm

Find it strange so many people having problems, including total refusal to play MP4 (including store downloads), and other stuff.

I took a video of my system earlier, showing full functionality, including FF/REW/Pause of MP4, playback of MP3/WMA and pictuere slideshow..

Enjoy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJn9iNfnC9s

This is being served by TwonkyMedia 4.4 Beta 2 (Linux i386)
Please note: Moderators here are voluntary and do not work for PacketVideo or Twonky, please do not attack us. Any posts are personal opinion, and may not be those of PV/Twonky.

THE REVENGE

Post by THE REVENGE » Tue May 29, 2007 10:37 pm

Linux isn't OSX now is it? :shock:
the OSX version does now stream any video

Video_newb

Post by Video_newb » Tue May 29, 2007 10:49 pm

So I finally got mp4 playback, but now I'm having a problem where some of my mp4 files won't show up at all after a directory scan. Any ideas twonky-christian as to what I might try or why this is happening? I've tried to move the files to a new folder and then rescan as well as renaming them and then rescanning, but neither worked and I'm at a loss as to why this is happening.

mgillespie
AV Hardware:TwonkyMedia AV UPnP Mediaserver (Marvell Kirkwood ARM Sheevaplug with Debian Squeeze).
2x Noxon V2 audio client

Post by mgillespie » Tue May 29, 2007 11:00 pm

THE REVENGE wrote:Linux isn't OSX now is it? :shock:
the OSX version does now stream any video
But the claims are also, that the Windows version is also broken in the same way. And it streams exactly the same way that the Linux version does for me... Whilst I don't have a mac to test (and wouldn't touch one with a barge pole frankly), I would be suprised if it's a server related problem. Sounds more like a media related problem...
Please note: Moderators here are voluntary and do not work for PacketVideo or Twonky, please do not attack us. Any posts are personal opinion, and may not be those of PV/Twonky.

THE REVENGE

Post by THE REVENGE » Tue May 29, 2007 11:04 pm

can u show me what your video three accectly looks like ?
because maybe thats the problem
Last edited by THE REVENGE on Tue May 29, 2007 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Video_newb

Post by Video_newb » Tue May 29, 2007 11:08 pm

Nevermind, fixed my own problem there too. I guess it was because of the rescan settings I had listed, but a full database rebuild solved it. So to recap, mp4s on a mac server working ok with scan functions. Yay. Interestingly, twonky also recognizes mp4 files in .mov containers, but the PS3 is less than thrilled with that (for now). Keep up the great work team twonky.

mgillespie
2x Noxon V2 audio client

Post by mgillespie » Tue May 29, 2007 11:11 pm

THE REVENGE wrote:can u show me what your video three accectly looks like ?
Not sure what you mean there....

Video_newb

Post by Video_newb » Tue May 29, 2007 11:15 pm

Revenge, I'm not sure what you are asking, but here is what I did. First, I downloaded a trailer off of the store and put that on my computer to make sure that encoding wasn't a problem. Then I turned UPNP off on my router. Finally, I reinstalled twonky media from here

http://www.twonkyvision.com/Download/Tw ... x-4-4.html

I'm still not sure what fixed it, but that worked. Incidentally, but for total disclosure I also changed the server to static IP but set it back right after and also unchecked a media client which I wasn't able to identify (wasn't my ps3).

Hope this helps somewhat. I'm running the latest version of OSX on a PPC powerbook.

THE REVENGE

Post by THE REVENGE » Tue May 29, 2007 11:54 pm

mgillespie wrote:
THE REVENGE wrote:can u show me what your video three accectly looks like ?
Not sure what you mean there....

On the twonky vision configuration page under advanced setup u see a sub pararaf called Video tree.
What are your settings there?

THE REVENGE

Post by THE REVENGE » Wed May 30, 2007 9:47 pm

Video_newb wrote:Revenge, I'm not sure what you are asking, but here is what I did. First, I downloaded a trailer off of the store and put that on my computer to make sure that encoding wasn't a problem. Then I turned UPNP off on my router. Finally, I reinstalled twonky media from here

http://www.twonkyvision.com/Download/Tw ... x-4-4.html

I'm still not sure what fixed it, but that worked. Incidentally, but for total disclosure I also changed the server to static IP but set it back right after and also unchecked a media client which I wasn't able to identify (wasn't my ps3).

Hope this helps somewhat. I'm running the latest version of OSX on a PPC powerbook.

the media client you unchecked is probably the twonky media browser!
and i did what u did reinstalled but still nothing

THE REVENGE

Post by THE REVENGE » Wed May 30, 2007 9:59 pm

another little issue is why is it that your ps3 (under videos > folder > does see all mp4's ? mine only sees folders containing "incompatible data" (MP4's)

mgillespie
2x Noxon V2 audio client

Post by mgillespie » Wed May 30, 2007 10:48 pm

Have you tried this clip? Does it work OK?

This clip uploaded here (35MB) is MPEG4, AVC with AAC audio, and works perfectly for me on PS3 and TwonkyMedia 4.4 Beta 2 (Win/Linux) FF/REV/PAUSE works perfectly..

http://www.4shared.com/file/16952204/bf ... 0kbps.html

THE REVENGE

Post by THE REVENGE » Thu May 31, 2007 8:52 am

nope same thing with that file "incompatible data" :evil:
AND THIS IS GETTING REAL OLD REAL FAST !!!
i'm mean c'mon twonky guys get the OSX version to work properly !

I payed for something im not getting here !

Tell us what to do via a manuel or just udate the osx version
because the one i'm using (4.4 beta2) can't seem to get duration/resolution/audio, video codec information on mp4 clips !
on the PlayStation®3

This must be a software issue !

Don't you guys test your software ? and why the Linux version does work
and the OSX version does not is a mistery to me! :evil:

Les Paul

Post by Les Paul » Thu May 31, 2007 1:28 pm

Hi guys,
I only just registered but I've been reading through a lot of the forum posts trying to get my Mac and Twonkyvision working. After following Video_newbs post it seemed to work. I followed it to the tee and like he said, I don't know how but it just seems to work now so I'm not arguing. My only problem is that when I'm searching through my music, say if I'm browsing artist names, I'll be scanning through and after a while it will say "Unable to connect to media server" and just refuse to load anything after that artist. So I scan for media servers and it finds me again and I try looking through artist names again but it usually just disconnects on another random artist name. It's never the same artist so I'm not really sure what to do. Anyone come across this or know what to do about it?
And thanks for all the help getting the MP4's working!!!!
Chris

THE REVENGE

Post by THE REVENGE » Thu May 31, 2007 3:58 pm

:lol: OKE ! and now it works ??? and same thing here don't know what a
i did? but got mp4 playback as well !

does any one know how the get subtitles of a TS file

Video_newb

Post by Video_newb » Thu May 31, 2007 5:05 pm

I'm glad to hear that people are getting things working. As for subs on ts streams, I believe this is not supported by the ps3 right now. I could be wrong, but I think we'll have to wait for a firmware update on that one.

In regards to connection problems there are unfortunately many variables. My gut reaction would be that it is something going on with your router. If you are going wireless do some testing via a wired connection. Another possibility could be with the settings for rescanning directories (this might also help with people who have problems with files not showing up), maybe try setting it not to rescan and then doing a full database rebuild when you have new content that you want to add.

Truthfully, there is just a lot of trial and error to get things to work right, but it helps to know what is at least possible.

reddevilmeuk

Post by reddevilmeuk » Thu May 31, 2007 9:14 pm

that MP4 file worked, so what the hell am I doing wrong encoding to MPEG4 ??!?!?!

mgillespie
2x Noxon V2 audio client

Post by mgillespie » Thu May 31, 2007 10:01 pm

--Level40 is the switch for FFMPEG that seems to be the key...