Problem with Twonkymedia 4.3

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
Myrrdin
Problem with Twonkymedia 4.3

Post by Myrrdin » Wed May 30, 2007 11:21 pm

Hi,
n
since i updated to TM 4.3 my Client, a Philips TV set 37PF9731 crashes every time it reads the directory which contains my music files. no problems in the past with 4.2

Anyone out with the same problem´?

Myrrdin
CU
Myrrdin

Layer8Issue

Re: Problem with Twonkymedia 4.3

Post by Layer8Issue » Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:24 am

Myrrdin wrote:Hi,
n
since i updated to TM 4.3 my Client, a Philips TV set 37PF9731 crashes every time it reads the directory which contains my music files. no problems in the past with 4.2

Anyone out with the same problem´?

Myrrdin
Yes, I have exactly this.

My Netgear EVA700 worked fine under 4.2, since 4.3 Twonky keeps crashing when I navigate. I've gone back to using TVersity.

How ironic - shortly after I paid for Twonky I now get these problems. Support have ignored me for a week after their initial suggestion :( I guess I'll try the latest 4.4beta, nothing to lose.

Myrrdin

Post by Myrrdin » Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:37 am

I'v played around with the new feature "Client/Security". I tried all the clients in the list and found, that my Philips TV set works, if i use the "Philips MCW770".

I'guess you should try the same.

Myrrdin
CU
Myrrdin

tobias

Post by tobias » Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:09 pm

Myrrdin wrote:I'v played around with the new feature "Client/Security". I tried all the clients in the list and found, that my Philips TV set works, if i use the "Philips MCW770".

I'guess you should try the same.

Myrrdin
Hi Myrrdin,

I tried this setting for my Philips 42PF9731D. First of all only music streaming is supported when setting the configuration to "Philips MCM770" - but I need JPG and video as well. In addition to that with this setting my TV rebooted several times during MP3 play. So I reset the configuration to "Philips Streamium AV" which works much better for my case.

Best regards,
Tobias

Layer8Issue

Post by Layer8Issue » Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:30 pm

I upgraded to 4.4b3 and it does now seem to work again OK. Only downside is that the upgrade lost my navigation tree definitions; although it did preserve my content location folders. I haven't used it extensively yet, but thought I'd mention this (apparent) success. On the downside support still haven't come back to me in 1.5 weeks.

Myrrdin

Post by Myrrdin » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:20 am

tobias wrote: Hi Myrrdin,

I tried this setting for my Philips 42PF9731D. First of all only music streaming is supported when setting the configuration to "Philips MCM770" - but I need JPG and video as well. In addition to that with this setting my TV rebooted several times during MP3 play. So I reset the configuration to "Philips Streamium AV" which works much better for my case.

Best regards,
Tobias
Hi Tobias,

thx for your reply.

I'll try with MP3 (I only use WAV for music).

Kind regards
Myrrdin
CU
Myrrdin