MPEG2-Problems

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
petertohen
AV Hardware:UPnP servers
MPEG2-Problems

Post by petertohen » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:54 am

Hi there,

I have been using the Twonky Server 6.0.28 on OpenSuse since a year with my Panasonic TV TX-P50GW20. It worked fine with my MPEG2-TV-Recordings*. I only had problems with HDTV-TS-Recordings - they were playable, but stopped everytime I tried to pause or forward/rewind the movie.

After updating the Server to 6.0.37 playing/pausing/forwarding/rewinding a HDTV-TS-Recording works perfectly (thanks) but my TV fails to play normal MPEG2-Recordings. Message from my TV: "Datei nicht lesbar" / "File not readable". I tried the "Generic Media Receiver", "Panasonic Viera" and "Panasonic Diga Blueray Player" setting.

My other clients (Panasonic Blueray Player and Asus HDP-R1) are still playing both formats. All devices are running the latest firmware. And: Playing MPEG2 on TV works with dvds/vobs.

I will try to reacivate the old version an then update release by release. Any help or other ideas are welcome! Videofiles for testing: see below.
http://xtras.tabuleiro.com/support/tech ... /ma007.htm