Twonky Server EX4100 How To Reset Password

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
BigWPH
AV Hardware:WD EX4100 4x4 Red
Twonky Server EX4100 How To Reset Password

Post by BigWPH » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:54 pm

Please Help, I've tried everything and I'm locked out. password..password does not work neither does any other password or login I know. I posted the following on WD but no one there knows. I run Win10 and WD EX4100. Thank You Wayne

I can’t get in with the default or any other password I’ve used any help. This happened after a major crash of the Ex4100 and a rebuild from my backup. ANY help or suggestion would be appreciated.
Twonky Server asks for login credentials but I cannot remember the username and password. What can I do?
A password can be set by accident after you enabled the Multiuser feature. The default credentials are:

username: admin
password: admin.
The username and password are stored in the servers .ini file. The file is called “twonkyserver.ini”. You can remove the password when you either delete the entries for “accessuser=” and “accesspwd=” in the .ini file or delete the complete ini file. In both cases Twonky Server has to be shut down before making the changes.

On most platforms the .ini file is deleted when Twonky Server is uninstalled. Therefore the password protection is removed when you uninstall and reinstall Twonky Server.