Play content with assigned program?!

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
M*I*B
Play content with assigned program?!

Post by M*I*B » Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:00 am

Hello there,

if I use the internal PV Remote browser to play i.e. MP3 the QuickTime-Plugin comes up but just play 3-5 sec. of the file. Same if I try to listen to a Internet Radiostation.
This Problem is on all my WIN2k Systems with MSIE, FireFox and AVANT.

So if I copy the Link from to i.E. WinAmp, all works fine...

So why (or HowTo) can I don't use the assigned Software to listen or watch (for Videos i.E. I prefere MediaPlayerClassic) if I click on some content in the buildin Mediabrowser?!

(sorry about my english... )
... keep always enough road under your wheels ...

Baba
Micha

twonky-christian
Lynx Technology Staff
AV Hardware:PC

Post by twonky-christian » Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:08 am

we do nothing special here - just provide a link with a file extensions.

the browser will decide according to the file extension which plugin it will use.

you can see the links by using "view source"

M*I*B

Post by M*I*B » Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:34 am

... jepp, I know ...

But if I change the App that have to handle the link, FireFox will try to download the whole Stream and don't open WinAmp or MPC i.E. I can't find any way to let FF know to take the StreamURL, open WinAmp and give the URL to it... Hope You can follow ...
And... If I copy the Link from it directly to WinAmp, WinAmp stream it correctly I like

The whole Problem is that the Server hold all the Stuff from Kids-Content to Adult in Pictures, Music and Videos. So I like to make a simple way for my Daugter (4) to play her Music and Videos without any change to play and watch any that's only for Mom & Dad :wink: :roll:
And about the age of her she can't handle i.E. NeroShowtime or anything else...

Maybe there is an other simple way to make that possible?!
... keep always enough road under your wheels ...

Baba
Micha