Broken WMA Parser, ETA on fix?

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
mgillespie
AV Hardware:TwonkyMedia AV UPnP Mediaserver (Marvell Kirkwood ARM Sheevaplug with Debian Squeeze).
2x Noxon V2 audio client
1x PS3 Slim 500GB Audio/Video UPnP client.
1x Sony VGF-CP1 Wireless Photoframe.
Broken WMA Parser, ETA on fix?

Post by mgillespie » Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:04 pm

Christian,

The regression in the WMA parser that was introduced in 4.3, is causing me serious headaches, and it means about 60% of my music collection lives under Unknown Artist (400 albums) :-(

Any news on a ETA for a fix on this? I have tried 4.4B4 and it's still broken. I would go back to 4.2 final, where it works OK, but it means I get lots of PS3 incompatabilities... I am stuck between a rock and a hardplace on this one....

Cheers.
Please note: Moderators here are voluntary and do not work for PacketVideo or Twonky, please do not attack us. Any posts are personal opinion, and may not be those of PV/Twonky.

twonky-christian
Lynx Technology Staff
AV Hardware:PC

Post by twonky-christian » Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:37 pm

Hi,

we are not aware of that problem

Can you send one WMA which does not work to support@twonkyvision.com

Christian

mgillespie
AV Hardware:TwonkyMedia AV UPnP Mediaserver (Marvell Kirkwood ARM Sheevaplug with Debian Squeeze).
2x Noxon V2 audio client
1x PS3 Slim 500GB Audio/Video UPnP client.
1x Sony VGF-CP1 Wireless Photoframe.

Post by mgillespie » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:02 pm

See here for history of this problem:

http://www.twonkyvision.com/mantis/view.php?id=1542

Sample file sent by email.
Please note: Moderators here are voluntary and do not work for PacketVideo or Twonky, please do not attack us. Any posts are personal opinion, and may not be those of PV/Twonky.