EoL Twonky

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
streamerbeamer
AV Hardware: QNAP NAS

EoL Twonky

Post by streamerbeamer » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:04 pm

looks like the German part of Lynx Technology where all the Twonky Server developers are located is shut down now :shock: . Bad news - no more updates, no bug fixes, no more new features for the Twonky Server. Keeping my fingers crossed that my server will just run fine :? :shock:

JeremyP99
AV Hardware: Marantz M-CR510,
Technicolor Gateway router
Windows 7 Pro x64.

Re: EoL Twonky

Post by JeremyP99 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:06 pm

Hmmmm. Here's what mine has just done...

"This key is already in use by another instance of the server."

There is no other instance. It only runs on the one machine, and nothing has changed in months.

smjohns1
AV Hardware: QNAP

Post by smjohns1 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:47 pm

Aah...is this why everyone's server is now confirming the same message? Has Lynx ended this service without any notice? Hopefully just a bug but very annoying all the same. Hope there is someone to get this fixed.

sebastian30
AV Hardware: 1 x WD MyCloud EX2 Ultra
3 x auna Connect 150

Post by sebastian30 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:50 am

Same problem here.

JeremyP99
AV Hardware: Marantz M-CR510,
Technicolor Gateway router
Windows 7 Pro x64.

Post by JeremyP99 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:14 am

—-—-—-—
Reply above this line.

Luis Enrique Lopez Viera commented:

Hi Twonky User,

The problem seems to be caused by corrupted token file associated with your session.

Please follow these steps to fix the problem:

1) Open your main TwonkyServer configuration page (http://ip.of.your.twonkyserver:9000/webconfig)
2) Click on the 'License Key' button of the License Information section. This will redirect you to a page titled "Manage Twonky Server License Key".
3) In the License management page, de-authorize Twonky for the computer/device that is having the problem by clicking in the 'trash icon' that is located at the right side.
4) Restart TwonkyServer and login again with your Lynx Account information.

Let me know if this solves your problem.

As additional information for our investigation, please let us know what is your OS version (if you are running Twonky in a computer) or device model.

Best regards,
Twonky Support Team

View request · Turn off this request's notifications

This is shared with j.poynton@blueyonder.co.uk, support@twonky.com, contact@lynxtechnology.com, and help@twonky.com.

Please see the company announcement regarding important changes to the Maintenance & Support process at https://lynxtechnology.com/new-lynx-mai ... rt-process.

Lynx Technology sent you this message.

By your email submission you confirm acceptance of the current Lynx Technology Terms and Privacy Statement.

sebastian30
AV Hardware: 1 x WD MyCloud EX2 Ultra
3 x auna Connect 150

Post by sebastian30 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:25 am

:D Again, same here.

Riptide
AV Hardware: Yamaha RX-A3060
Synology DS-418

Post by Riptide » Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:03 pm

I rolled the version back to 8.3 last night to get round the licence issue, logged a support ticket which advised me it was a token issue and to go into the licence key management and delete the devices out. On updating to version 8.5.1 this morning to apply the fix, the issue has gone, so I didnt have to carry out said fix, so not sure if it would have worked or not !!