Arduino 2.4” TFT LCD Touch shield

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
uppityvug
AV Hardware: ufda dsfauygjsdf dfyguda sdjyguj gjd djhjhguj euugyqe uyygusasartd sdfywv d wb yufguv tv tufhwe weqrty wehggveyfw.sdfvuvb wefy ds78y didgjxv er fvee guvh uygyhc uyfxv tdfghfc htdrtg ytdt trser ytrd.

Arduino 2.4” TFT LCD Touch shield

Post by uppityvug » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:28 pm

I have a problem with using my screen with the TFT library: I do not find the model parameter, i searched in the informations of the library but i didn’t found. I’m pretty sure that it is compatible. Could you help me please?

ultrasoundutility
AV Hardware: SRDGVXCGBDF ZSYGT ZSYH ZYH ZGF

Re: Arduino 2.4” TFT LCD Touch shield

Post by ultrasoundutility » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:29 pm

Normally, you can use the screen without an SD card to draw lines or texts using the TFT library. Please note that the sample code is designed for Arduino Mega board.

unripeumbrella
AV Hardware: EWYHRN ZAUJ yhDFG azY NAY AZH NAY

Post by unripeumbrella » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:29 pm

My UNO has a mini USB type B connector so the shield clears it with no problems. I’ve also tried on another UNO with shield stacking headers and get the same result, so I don’t thinks it’s a connection issue. It’s kind of not relevant for this, but I have several other LCD shields that work with this UNO but they use another controller.

vehicularenchanted
AV Hardware: uiyuyiuy uiyguiyuyg ioyg uiygjhb iuhgiugiyg hjuytgutfcy ujiyuoguy

Post by vehicularenchanted » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:30 pm

So after running this code for a while I see why "import os" isn't a good thing. My cpu usage goes all the way up to 99% while running this script. Looks like I will definitely need to convert this code to use Gpiozero Button and subprocess to avoid this behavior. Any help would be very much appreciated, as I am a beginner at all this.

uppityvug
AV Hardware: ufda dsfauygjsdf dfyguda sdjyguj gjd djhjhguj euugyqe uyygusasartd sdfywv d wb yufguv tv tufhwe weqrty wehggveyfw.sdfvuvb wefy ds78y didgjxv er fvee guvh uygyhc uyfxv tdfghfc htdrtg ytdt trser ytrd.

Post by uppityvug » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:33 pm

unripeumbrella wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:29 pm
My UNO has a mini USB type B connector so the shield clears it with no problems. I’ve also tried on another UNO with shield stacking headers and get the same result, so I don’t thinks it’s a connection issue. It’s kind of not relevant for this, but I have several other LCD shields that work with this UNO but they use another controller.

I should also point out that my suggestions are simply in answer to your question of how to improve contrast, and that you do have the option of returning any item your not happy with (assuming of course that it was purchased from us) so long as it's not been modified. As mentioned before, I am however going to try and contact the factory that manufactures these modules to see if it safe to boost the brightness of the backlight beyond what the factory has fixed it to.

ultrasoundutility
AV Hardware: SRDGVXCGBDF ZSYGT ZSYH ZYH ZGF

Post by ultrasoundutility » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:35 pm

I had tried this initially and it wasn't working, but it must have been my error because it's working now! However, I'm thinking about trying to re-write this code with Gpiozero and subprocess, so as to avoid using "import.os". Also, The script treats pressing and holding the button the same; the brightness settings cycle automatically while the button is held instead of advancing a brightness level per each press. This is a problem because I'm using the same button that's being used to shut down the pi to adjust the screen. The shutdown script requires the button to be held for 2 seconds before it shuts down, so while you're holding down the button to power off the system, the display keeps cycling through its backlight presets. I'd like to stop that behavior. More Information here www.stoneitech.com