Tungsten?

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
uppityvug
AV Hardware: ufda dsfauygjsdf dfyguda sdjyguj gjd djhjhguj euugyqe uyygusasartd sdfywv d wb yufguv tv tufhwe weqrty wehggveyfw.sdfvuvb wefy ds78y didgjxv er fvee guvh uygyhc uyfxv tdfghfc htdrtg ytdt trser ytrd.

Tungsten?

Post by uppityvug » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:57 am

Just wondering why Tungsten is not used more over Stainless with the higher end reputable Watches? I notice it's popular with the conveyor belt watch companies. The hardness and the superb polish seems a great marriage.

ultrasoundutility
AV Hardware: SRDGVXCGBDF ZSYGT ZSYH ZYH ZGF

Re: Tungsten?

Post by ultrasoundutility » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:58 am

I have a Lum-Tec M-20 watch made out of Tungsten Carbide. I think it's a great watch. Very scratch proof. As for shattering easily, I spoke with the maker once, and he stated that you could possibly break one of the lugs off if you used a hammer on it, but other than that, it was extremely durable . Also you would have to almost use a belt sander to mark it. So far it looks brand new. I have photos of it on a carbon fiber strap, but I have since put it on it's Tungsten bracelet. I don't have any photos of that. It is a little heavier than a lot of watches, but nothing that's distracting. Feels good on the wrist I think.

uppityvug
AV Hardware: ufda dsfauygjsdf dfyguda sdjyguj gjd djhjhguj euugyqe uyygusasartd sdfywv d wb yufguv tv tufhwe weqrty wehggveyfw.sdfvuvb wefy ds78y didgjxv er fvee guvh uygyhc uyfxv tdfghfc htdrtg ytdt trser ytrd.

Post by uppityvug » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:46 pm

ultrasoundutility wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:58 am
I have a Lum-Tec M-20 watch made out of Tungsten Carbide. I think it's a great watch. Very scratch proof. As for shattering easily, I spoke with the maker once, and he stated that you could possibly break one of the lugs off if you used a hammer on it, but other than that, it was extremely durable . Also you would have to almost use a belt sander to mark it. So far it looks brand new. I have photos of it on a carbon fiber strap, but I have since put it on it's Tungsten bracelet. I don't have any photos of that. It is a little heavier than a lot of watches, but nothing that's distracting. Feels good on the wrist I think.

I have Lone Wolf guide rods and springs in all my Glocks and they work flawlessly. I've never liked the idea of a plastic guide rod even if they very seldom break. But what can go wrong will go wrong and a tungsten guide rod will never break. More Information here
chemetalusa
Last edited by uppityvug on Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ultrasoundutility
AV Hardware: SRDGVXCGBDF ZSYGT ZSYH ZYH ZGF

Post by ultrasoundutility » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:47 pm

I have a Glock 20 Gen 3 that I have had for several years. The only stoppages I have had were right after putting in a heavy steel guide rod. I switched back and no problems since. I could feel no difference in muzzle flip, but 10mm flips some no matter what. That was me with my experience. Your experience could be different.

vehicularenchanted
AV Hardware: uiyuyiuy uiyguiyuyg ioyg uiygjhb iuhgiugiyg hjuytgutfcy ujiyuoguy

Post by vehicularenchanted » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:52 pm

The OEM guide rod literally lasts tens of thousands of rounds with no problems. Also, should it break, the gun will still function. As far as recoil, a couple of ounces more weight in the front of the gun will have a negligible effect on it. Placebo effect is strong with this mod.