Price Of Flutes

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
vehicularenchanted
AV Hardware: uiyuyiuy uiyguiyuyg ioyg uiygjhb iuhgiugiyg hjuytgutfcy ujiyuoguy

Price Of Flutes

Post by vehicularenchanted » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:00 pm

It seems that flutes in the UK are very overpriced compared to other countries! Why is this?

Just comparing USA and UK prices........

Muramatsu EX UK £2100 USA £1450
Yamaha 311 UK £675 USA £430
Altus 907 bft UK £1950 USA £1430

See what I mean? I'm getting my flute when I go on holiday! (If that ever happens)

uppityvug
AV Hardware: ufda dsfauygjsdf dfyguda sdjyguj gjd djhjhguj euugyqe uyygusasartd sdfywv d wb yufguv tv tufhwe weqrty wehggveyfw.sdfvuvb wefy ds78y didgjxv er fvee guvh uygyhc uyfxv tdfghfc htdrtg ytdt trser ytrd.

Re: Price Of Flutes

Post by uppityvug » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:01 pm

I've noticed that too, annoying isn't it ............. if you did get a flute from the states, you would still have to pay import duty on it, but it would still possibly be cheaper than getting one in the UK.

For anyones information, the cheapest brand new yamahas i have ever come across in the uk has been from this company http://www.netmusicalinstruments.co.uk ........... £299 for a new yamaha 211 - £565 for a 311 !!! I have had students use them a number of times and it has always been incredibly successful, and the flutes have always arrived the "next day".

However, if anyone has found them cheaper anywhere else, please let us all know wink.gif

ultrasoundutility
AV Hardware: SRDGVXCGBDF ZSYGT ZSYH ZYH ZGF

Post by ultrasoundutility » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:02 pm

sags_3: alot of it might have to do with the exchange rate - the dollar's rubbish against the pound at the moment so in real terms the prices are about right. plus i imagine it's easier for foreign companies to get their goods to america than europe, what with america's dominance at the moment...

same with bassoons too - the bassoon i'm after is £6250 from howarth but only just over £4000 from america, plus shipping... so yeah, it's worth looking to see if america can offer up any bargains biggrin.gif

alexanderdebrahan
AV Hardware: alexanderdebrahan@gmail.com
hgFHF^%$64#$e

Post by alexanderdebrahan » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:02 pm

please can i reiterate the point i made earlier regarding import duty, i bought a flute from the states last year at a cost of aprox 600.00 sterling, and was charged an extra 132.00 from customs and excise when it came over, which did put a cloud over my "bargain" sad.gif

danielhowell
AV Hardware: 72365ASHXC^%$$#w

Post by danielhowell » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:04 pm

It's never occurred to me that I may have to prove where I bought my flute ohmy.gif I don't even know if I still have the receipt... I presume that the dent and the fact that my case has been in the wars would work in my favor to prove it was not new?! Are there any countries (for further reference) that one would need to be careful of in this respect? If you want to know more details please visit here flutes for sale.

johnpketchum12
AV Hardware: uihgifgufy76125R$#$#@$@

Post by johnpketchum12 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:04 pm

What would happen if you had won your flute as in my instance? Or bought it off ebay or off a private seller? How would you prove that you had actually bought it?

As for signs of use, one could easily take a worn case and case cover, put the new flute in there and hide the new case in luggage.

uppityvug
AV Hardware: ufda dsfauygjsdf dfyguda sdjyguj gjd djhjhguj euugyqe uyygusasartd sdfywv d wb yufguv tv tufhwe weqrty wehggveyfw.sdfvuvb wefy ds78y didgjxv er fvee guvh uygyhc uyfxv tdfghfc htdrtg ytdt trser ytrd.

Post by uppityvug » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:06 pm

danielhowell wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:04 pm
It's never occurred to me that I may have to prove where I bought my flute ohmy.gif I don't even know if I still have the receipt... I presume that the dent and the fact that my case has been in the wars would work in my favor to prove it was not new?! Are there any countries (for further reference) that one would need to be careful of in this respect? If you want to know more details please visit here flutes for sale.
If you are arriving in the country from non-EU countries to which people go for a bit of cheap shopping, then you're more likely to attract attention.

I will reiterate what I said earlier: evading import duty on anything is an offence. If you want to take the risk of being caught, then that's up to you.

ultrasoundutility
AV Hardware: SRDGVXCGBDF ZSYGT ZSYH ZYH ZGF

Post by ultrasoundutility » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:07 pm

The correct thing to do if you are taking expensive items out the country and don't have a receipt is to make a list of all major items including serial numbers etc. A customs official will stamp your list. This way you have definite proof that you took the items out of the country, and therefore you are not subject to any duties for foreign purchase when you return. I used to have to do this a lot when I travelled on business.
ything is an offence. If you want to take the risk of being caught, then that's up to you.

vehicularenchanted
AV Hardware: uiyuyiuy uiyguiyuyg ioyg uiygjhb iuhgiugiyg hjuytgutfcy ujiyuoguy

Post by vehicularenchanted » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:13 pm

You really shouldn't fret, i doubt very much if any customs officer saw your flute at the airport they would ask you if you had bought it abroad and could they see the receipt, the point myself and andante were making was, when you get to the airport they will ask you if you have "anything to declare" and at this point you would say yes (if you're truly honest and can't lie) or no (saving yourself a small fortune) .... but that's the choice of the individual.

Should anyone buy a flute abroad whether it be privately from e bay usa or any reputable shop and request it be posted to you here in the uk, they are duty bound to complete a customs green form, the flute will then be taken by the uk airport customs, held there for a couple of days then sent with a letter to the nearest main post office to you, requesting that the postman collect stupid amounts of money before they hand it over.

What i would like to know, if anyone can answer my question ........... how could you get around customs if you wanted to trial a flute only ??? smile.gif