Why can't we have flags with 3 colours?

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
vehicularenchanted
AV Hardware: uiyuyiuy uiyguiyuyg ioyg uiygjhb iuhgiugiyg hjuytgutfcy ujiyuoguy

Why can't we have flags with 3 colours?

Post by vehicularenchanted » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:51 pm

Always wondered this, I remember seeing in the files of the game that there is 3 colour slots for the flags but only 2 of them are ever in use or something. Could be remembering something entirely different.

alexanderdebrahan
AV Hardware: alexanderdebrahan@gmail.com
hgFHF^%$64#$e

Re: Why can't we have flags with 3 colours?

Post by alexanderdebrahan » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:52 pm

I personally don't think adding a 3rd colour for a flag isn't going to contribute that much considering the small amount of colours available. I already have a tough time selecting two matching colours.

ultrasoundutility
AV Hardware: SRDGVXCGBDF ZSYGT ZSYH ZYH ZGF

Post by ultrasoundutility » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:53 pm

The graphic designers probably thought 3 colors and an emblem looked like ass when the AI randomly generated theirs. It probably would have been 3 colors if they didn't include an emblem as well, or if it was an actual flag instead of just an insignia.

uppityvug
AV Hardware: ufda dsfauygjsdf dfyguda sdjyguj gjd djhjhguj euugyqe uyygusasartd sdfywv d wb yufguv tv tufhwe weqrty wehggveyfw.sdfvuvb wefy ds78y didgjxv er fvee guvh uygyhc uyfxv tdfghfc htdrtg ytdt trser ytrd.

Post by uppityvug » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:54 pm

First off, empire border coloring are done by two colors, not three or four. And this is according to the color of your flag. I want to say, "engine limitations" just for shits and giggles. But I think this is doable. Maybe have color 1 and color 3 to represent the border colors, if the flag has three colors. I don't know.

danielhowell
AV Hardware: 72365ASHXC^%$$#w

Post by danielhowell » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:58 pm

alexanderdebrahan wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:52 pm
I personally don't think adding a 3rd color for a flag isn't going to contribute that much considering the small number of colors available. I already have a tough time selecting two matching colours.
Yeah, and honestly I'm starting to believe Paradox has a problem with flag colors. In CK2 you already have very few different colors and most of them don't make any sense in a medieval setting - they never changed them, and I'm not even talking about the horrible interface you need to use to create your own coat of arms. And in Stellaris, here we are with our ridiculously small number of colors and emblems... I hope they(ll take the time to improve that aspect at some point. In theory,
Last edited by danielhowell on Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

johnpketchum12
AV Hardware: uihgifgufy76125R$#$#@$@

Post by johnpketchum12 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:58 pm

The US. The European Union flag has twelve stars all pointing upwards, while the original flag of the United States (and this one) had thirteen stars pointing away from their center.

vehicularenchanted
AV Hardware: uiyuyiuy uiyguiyuyg ioyg uiygjhb iuhgiugiyg hjuytgutfcy ujiyuoguy

Post by vehicularenchanted » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:59 pm

Yes this is very much needed, I need to put a proper tricolour on Mars.

We need more forms too... I mean there isn't even an option for a Nordic cross is there? What kind of Swedish Grand strategy maker does not allow you to create the golden gross on the blue field?