Not saving changes... need help!

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
starhubble
Not saving changes... need help!

Post by starhubble » Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:04 am

Sorry for creating a new thread, but I really need some attention to this problem as I've tried everything (even reinstalling Windows!). The problem is that TwonkyVision 4.4 Beta 4/5 won't save the configuration changes I make. No problem with 4.4 Beta 3 and previous versions.

I have no clue what's causing this, but there doesn't seem to be a twonkyvision-mediaserver.ini file anywhere on my disk. As far as I see, this is where the changes are stored. The only .ini file I have that is related to TwonkyVision is twonkymedia-default.ini which is located in the program folder.

According to the configuration page, the twonkyvision-mediaserver.ini file should be stored here:

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\TwonkyMedia/twonkyvision-mediaserver.ini

But I don't even have a TwonkyMedia directory under Application Data.

What do you guys make of it?

Running Windows XP. Using Firefox 2 to access the configuration page.

I figure it must be something with the program version itself, as previous versions work just fine.

twonky-christian
Lynx Technology Staff
AV Hardware:PC

Post by twonky-christian » Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:08 am

looks like a problem with access rights

can you create such a directory - and than retest ?

mgillespie
AV Hardware:TwonkyMedia AV UPnP Mediaserver (Marvell Kirkwood ARM Sheevaplug with Debian Squeeze).
2x Noxon V2 audio client
1x PS3 Slim 500GB Audio/Video UPnP client.
1x Sony VGF-CP1 Wireless Photoframe.

Post by mgillespie » Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:41 am

Are you running as Administrator, or Limited User, on XP?
Please note: Moderators here are voluntary and do not work for PacketVideo or Twonky, please do not attack us. Any posts are personal opinion, and may not be those of PV/Twonky.

starhubble

Post by starhubble » Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:27 pm

I'm running as administrator. I'll try creating the directory manually and see what happens.

starhubble

Post by starhubble » Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:40 pm

Okay, I manually created the directory TwonkyMedia under Application Data and now the configuration changes are stored properly!

BUT...

The shared media database is not saved. If I restart the server after the database build has been completed, it is being rebuilt from scratch again. Similar problem?

starhubble

Post by starhubble » Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:42 pm

Can someone please give me the complete subdirectory listing of:

Application Data/TwonkyMedia/

For some reason it seems, like Christian pointed out, that TwonkyVision is not able to create this directory.

How can I fix it?

starhubble

Post by starhubble » Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:18 pm

Well. I created the twonkymedia.db directory under Application Data/TwonkyMedia and now the database is being stored. Yay!

So, all's fine now, but how come TwonkyVision itself can't create these directories? I've checked my user rights, and they are set to "Computer Administrator".