How do I edit the ini file?

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
cavester
How do I edit the ini file?

Post by cavester » Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:22 am

Hi,

I have searched high and low for this but documentation on configuration seems slim.

I have a Linkstation Pro running 4.4 Beta 5 and have read in the release notes that I can stream music over the net. However to do this I need to change the ini file.

Can someone please tel me how I can access the ini file to change it?... in doing so adding the dyndns etc attribute values? I would have thought this could be added using the web configuration interface like all the other settings but it seems not :(

Thanks.

timostr

Re: How do I edit the ini file?

Post by timostr » Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:32 am

cavester wrote:Hi,

I have searched high and low for this but documentation on configuration seems slim.

I have a Linkstation Pro running 4.4 Beta 5 and have read in the release notes that I can stream music over the net. However to do this I need to change the ini file.

Can someone please tel me how I can access the ini file to change it?... in doing so adding the dyndns etc attribute values? I would have thought this could be added using the web configuration interface like all the other settings but it seems not :(

Thanks.
This is the way I'm doing that (maybe not perfect)

1.) Using telnet to login to Linkstation
2.) kill twonkyvision processes (kill -9 xxx)
3.) copy configuration file to /mnt/disc1/share
4.) change permissions of config file at /mnt/disc1/share (chmod 777 configuration file)
5.) use windows notepad to edit configuration file
6.) copy configuration file back to /mnt/disc1/twonky
7.) change permissions back (chmod 400 configuration file)
8.) reboot LinkStation

Br,
Timo

cavester

Post by cavester » Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:17 am

Thanks for the reply Timo.

I was affraid I would have to use UNIX commands for this :shock:

I am shocked at the lack of official public documentation from the developers for this type of simple question. It would be much easier to manage this thing with some simple how to instructions.

I will brush up on my UNIX commands tonight (it's been a long time since uni) and try it out.

Thanks.

harkers

twonkyvision-mediaserver.ini httpremoteport not updating

Post by harkers » Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:52 pm

Hi All

I am using a buffalo linkstation and have edited the ini file to allow webaccess. However, the dyndns entry stays but each time twonky starts up it removes the port number I have added in httpremote port!

Any ideas?