Off topic!?

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
srammij
Off topic!?

Post by srammij » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:46 am

Wait a second... why was the Mac vs. PC topic locked for being off topic!?

The mod mgillespie said that the discussion of mac vs. pc in a different topic was off topic, and he requested that a new Topic be started to discuss this... he said he would be more than happy to discuss it.

So the Topic "Mac vs. PC" was opened, and now it's off topic!?

I don't want to argue with people on these forums... but seriously mgillespie started the whole by saying that the whole problem is that people are using macs. I also saw him say the same thing to someone else a few weeks back which is what fueled both of the arguments.

We all have our own opinions about things... i happen to prefer driving Toyota Trucks... i could care less if anyone agrees with me, or has a different preference... but when a moderator request that a new Topic is opened to discuss something... why would you say that it's off topic!?

mgillespie
AV Hardware:TwonkyMedia AV UPnP Mediaserver (Marvell Kirkwood ARM Sheevaplug with Debian Squeeze).
2x Noxon V2 audio client
1x PS3 Slim 500GB Audio/Video UPnP client.
1x Sony VGF-CP1 Wireless Photoframe.

Post by mgillespie » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:12 pm

Sorry, wideasleep1 closed that topic, and I have to respect his decision. I was open to debate on it, but at the end of the day, it IS off topic for these forums...
Please note: Moderators here are voluntary and do not work for PacketVideo or Twonky, please do not attack us. Any posts are personal opinion, and may not be those of PV/Twonky.

srammij

Post by srammij » Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:29 pm

ok... then don't ever bring it up again.. because you're the one who started it. Keep your opinions to yourself, and stop bashing mac people.