Browse media from internet

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
22hn
Browse media from internet

Post by 22hn » Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:49 pm

Not the first time this topic is up...

Installed 4.4 and thought I might give it another shot accessing my media library from outside the firewall.

* I have a dns name setup for my firewall.
* Port 80 on the outside is redirected to port 9000 on my tw server on the inside.
* When I browse (from the outside) to http://www.mydomain.xyz/webbrowse, I can sucessfully browse my media tree.

But every link is pointing to the internal ip and port 9000!

Is there any way of making tw use relative paths (as most web servers do...) when creating links in the media tree?

And where to find a decent documentation of the ini-file parameters???

cavester

Post by cavester » Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:55 pm

Have you edited the .ini file? I think this is where twonky may pick up the url to create the links.

22hn

Post by 22hn » Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:06 pm

cavester wrote:Have you edited the .ini file? I think this is where twonky may pick up the url to create the links.
I've tried both the dyndns and the friendlyname setting, but with no success... (or difference)

But to be honest, I have no clue what those settings are for... That's why I requested some kind of documentation of the ini-file settings...

cavester

Post by cavester » Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:23 pm

:roll: yep same problem here, support on documentation is shit to say the least!... it's like the blind leading the blind :(

Come on people it's not rocket science to populate a page with purpose... http://www.twonkyvision.de/Support/HowTo/index.html thers's only two items here and I see loads of people in this forum (which your lucky to get a reply on) asking the same crap!

WinnetouKoslowski

same here

Post by WinnetouKoslowski » Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:18 pm

I also upgraded to TwonkyMedia 4.4 on Asus WL-HDD to obtain the internet access.

I can reach the very first site me.dyndns.org:9000/webbrowse but all the links from that site have the devices LAN-IP.

Also the setting in twonkyvision-mediaserver.ini

Code: Select all

enableweb=3
is changed automatically to

enableweb=2
on every TM-restart.

In twonkymedia-default.ini i changed

enableweb=2
to

enableweb=3
but it did not help. It seems to me as if the enableweb switch is irrelevant anyway. I always get the webbrowse page, only the IP is wrong.

wideasleep1

Post by wideasleep1 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:28 pm

dogbot123's How-To moved to it's own thread and stickied:
http://www.twonkyforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=3707

WinnetouKoslowski

Post by WinnetouKoslowski » Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:04 pm

Thanks, but the linked how-to does not affect the LAN-IP behaviour mentioned here.

WinnetouKoslowski

Puh-Leeze

Post by WinnetouKoslowski » Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:26 am

So what is the story? Is the webrrowse feature working with Twonkyvision 4.4 or is it broken?

This is an issue since i dont know when and there is these stupid long and complicated howtos in this forum that dont work or maybe work on some platforms but dont work on all platforms.

I would expect the twokyvision crew to check this feature once on the platforms reported not allowing browsing from the web.

I do not think this is asked too much. This is an advertised feature. Don’t you guys know class-action lawsuits? ok, only kidding. But it is just plainly annoying not to have a proper reply and to be told to check out long installation procedures that dont work.

I am not amused.

Regards,
WinnetouKoslowski.