PS3 problems?

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
3no
PS3 problems?

Post by 3no » Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:27 pm

ReadyNAS NV+ server running TwonkyVision 4.4.0b5. PS3 client running 1.81. Several problems:

- doesn't fully recognize SD-DVD rips, specifically it recognizes each VOB file, but not the IFO or structure.

- no sound on above

- doesn't recognize WAV files

Are these TwonkyVision problems? or PS3 problems?

mgillespie
AV Hardware:TwonkyMedia AV UPnP Mediaserver (Marvell Kirkwood ARM Sheevaplug with Debian Squeeze).
2x Noxon V2 audio client
1x PS3 Slim 500GB Audio/Video UPnP client.
1x Sony VGF-CP1 Wireless Photoframe.

Post by mgillespie » Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:26 pm

I think the PS3 client only supports MP3/WMA audio streaming, and MPEG1/MPEG2/AVC for video.

Anything outside this, your out of luck. I seem to recall there is a LAME plugin to encode WAV to MP3 on the fly to send to clients that don't accept WAV.

As for VOB, I have no idea, I don't use them, but from what I gather, the client would need to read the IFO structure and parse it, before sending the content, so this is not really standard MPEG2.
Please note: Moderators here are voluntary and do not work for PacketVideo or Twonky, please do not attack us. Any posts are personal opinion, and may not be those of PV/Twonky.