LaCie Ethernet Big Disk 1TB - running Twonky???

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
Alex74
LaCie Ethernet Big Disk 1TB - running Twonky???

Post by Alex74 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:34 am

Hello,
Anyone know if the LaCie 1TB Ethernet NAS box has Twonky installed? And if so - where do the M3U playlist files need to be stored?
It appears to work with playlists as iTunes is seeing a AAC playlist generated (automatically) by the media server on the NAS box?

Apparently it does support playlists? Is it Twonky installed? I would assume it is seeing as the LaCie Mini has Twonky?

Thanks
Alessandro

AusDante

Post by AusDante » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:16 am

Hi, I can confirm that it does use Twonky, but I do not know where the play lists are kept, sorry.

the count

probably out of luck

Post by the count » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:04 pm

i also just got the lacie big disk ethernet. it has some kind of media server, BUT it is not intended to be a stand alone service. read the instructions, it always says it works together with some compliant device. if you try to access port 9000 as with twonky you get a 'restricted area' message.

so unless somebody knows a hack, we are out of luck.

the count

Re: probably out of luck

Post by the count » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:00 am

the count wrote:i also just got the lacie big disk ethernet. it has some kind of media server, BUT it is not intended to be a stand alone service. read the instructions, it always says it works together with some compliant device. if you try to access port 9000 as with twonky you get a 'restricted area' message.

one day passes, one learns alot!

ok, the deal is this. lacie will email you on request a patch which 'opens' port 9000 so you can administer twonkymedia as if you had their standalone purchase version!

what i had to figure out myself was how to access the *&^% media with a browser.... well, here is the answer:

http://192.168.1.1000:9000/MediaBrowser.html

of course replace my ip adress with the one of your lacie disk.

also, get the lacie big disk update sow you are running version 1.1.1 which also updates the built in twonky. NOTE: the update will NOT WORK if you have not set the time/date correctly on the configuration page. of course, lacie tech support did not tell me any of the things i am telling you here.....

slablanc

Re: probably out of luck

Post by slablanc » Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:01 pm

the count wrote:
the count wrote:i also just got the lacie big disk ethernet. it has some kind of media server, BUT it is not intended to be a stand alone service. read the instructions, it always says it works together with some compliant device. if you try to access port 9000 as with twonky you get a 'restricted area' message.

one day passes, one learns alot!

ok, the deal is this. lacie will email you on request a patch which 'opens' port 9000 so you can administer twonkymedia as if you had their standalone purchase version!

what i had to figure out myself was how to access the *&^% media with a browser.... well, here is the answer:

http://192.168.1.1000:9000/MediaBrowser.html

of course replace my ip adress with the one of your lacie disk.

also, get the lacie big disk update sow you are running version 1.1.1 which also updates the built in twonky. NOTE: the update will NOT WORK if you have not set the time/date correctly on the configuration page. of course, lacie tech support did not tell me any of the things i am telling you here.....
I was told by Lacie that they would be releasing an update and would not send me a patch. Does someone have the ability to send me a copy? I have a lacie 320 gig running 1.1.1

Thanks for the help

bbrip

Post by bbrip » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:54 am

i would certainly also interested in this patch. Awaiting reply form Lacie....

MrCelery

Post by MrCelery » Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:22 am

bbrip wrote:i would certainly also interested in this patch. Awaiting reply form Lacie....
Patches available via this thread: http://www.twonkyforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=4691

Mako

Re: LaCie Ethernet Big Disk 1TB - running Twonky???

Post by Mako » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:14 pm

Hi guys,

Today I received patch 4.4.4 of Twonky for the Lacie. Finally my divx streams to the PS3! :-)
Contact support through the system on their website to get a copy.

Cheers,

Mako

rising
AV Hardware:Lacie Ethernet Big Disk
PS3

Post by rising » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:48 am

Hi,

I have the same issue and tried to contact the Lacie support but they haven't said a thing!!

Mako,

Could you be so kind to provide me the patch and install instructions??

Many thanks!

Mako

Post by Mako » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:40 pm

rising wrote:Hi,

I have the same issue and tried to contact the Lacie support but they haven't said a thing!!

Mako,

Could you be so kind to provide me the patch and install instructions??

Many thanks!
somebody uploaded the patch here:
http://rapidshare.com/files/98794696/Tw ... igned.html

update through the regular update menu, be sure to have the latest 'regular' release to prevent possible problems