MP4 Meta Data

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
john_
MP4 Meta Data

Post by john_ » Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:28 pm

I was wondering how Twonky was picking up on Genre when it comes to videos?

I have a few MP4s which I have started editing the meta data for using iTunes, however I have found that Twonky isn't actually picking up that information to be used.

Is this because I have done something wrong or because Twonky doesn't currently support genres for video files.

I was also wondering the same for year, one file has 2007 and the other has 0000 as the year; this is even after I have modified the meta data in iTunes again.

Thanks

Starnzy

Post by Starnzy » Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:37 pm

I've been trying to figure out exactly the same thing myself.
There must be someone that can help? Please...?

cbhwr

Post by cbhwr » Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:53 pm

iTunes might not be the best for setting these tags. Neither is iPhoto for pictures from what I've experienced.
I use AtomicParsley to edit MP4 tags (CLI style - sure there are GUIs somewhere).

One example:

Code: Select all

..\AtomicParsley-win32-0.9.0\AtomicParsley.exe "Aeon_Flux.MP4" --year "2005" --title "Æon Flux" --album "Æon Flux" --genre "Science-Fiction" --artwork "Aeon_Flux.jpg" --stik "Movie" --description "Aeon Flux is a mysterious assassin working for the Monicans, a group of rebels trying to overthrow the government. When she is a sent on a mission to kill the Chairman, a whole new mystery is found."
(Yes, Sci-Fi is not the best label for that particular movie, but its just an example..)

These are mostly shown oki in Twonky, except that I cannot get the Artwork to display on my PS3, and Twonky does not support the iTunes-specific tags such as --stik.

QuickTime is also picking them up oki.

@Twonky-guys: PLEASE support the STIK atom in MPEG4 :D (..and the other iTunes-specific tags like Season and Episode-num)

/Nc