Display and Sort Files by their original Filenames

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
techsc
Display and Sort Files by their original Filenames

Post by techsc » Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:10 am

Please add the following option:

Display the (music-) files by their original Filenames and not by their internal IDV-Tags. This will lead to a correct sorting at the upnp-clients.

Explanation:

I have all my music files named in the following format (Example):

Contents of Folder "Chemical Brothers, The - We Are The Night - 2007":

The Chemical Brothers - 01 - No Path To Follow.mp3
The Chemical Brothers - 02 - We Are The Night.mp3
The Chemical Brothers - 03 - All Rights Reversed (featuring Klaxons).mp3

Twonkymedia now Displays the files as follows:

No Path To Follow
We Are The Night
All Rights Reversed (featuring Klaxons)

Some Clients - and also my "Noxon Audio 2" - are always re-sorting all titles :evil: ALPHABETICALLY, leading to a totally wrong title sequence:

All Rights Reversed (featuring Klaxons)
No Path To Follow
We Are The Night

So, if I'd could enable the option to display all files as originally named, these Clients would still play all titles in the correct order.

PLEASE add this function since it is currently not possible to play any album in the correct titles-order at my upnp-clients.

Thank you
Chris

glotzi

Post by glotzi » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:40 am

Or add Tracknumber to sort criteria.

techsc

Post by techsc » Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:10 am

Where is that option?

Karsi

Re: Display and Sort Files by their original Filenames

Post by Karsi » Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:56 pm

techsc wrote: Some Clients - and also my "Noxon Audio 2" - are always re-sorting all titles :evil: ALPHABETICALLY, leading to a totally wrong title sequence:
Chris, I have the same problem with the Noxon. PS3 sorts using the ID3 track number but Noxon 2 sorts alphabetically.
I figured out that it depends on the NOXON 2 firmware. With the newest one (which is the most attractive with respect to text size on display) you will have this problem. With the orginal or least two versions before you should see the correct track sorting.

My solution (because I asked the Twonky team to solve it but it seems to take a little bit longer) was to rename all titles in the tags from song to xx_song. Now the client can use the filename, the title tag or the track no - the sorting should be ok. It's not the best solution but it works (and it is reversible using e.g. ID3TagIt).

P.S. Just a additonal remark: With the new firmware on the Noxon 2 you will also have mismatched stereo channels !! The terratec programmers seems to be really competent ;-) )

Regards,
Karsten

techsc

Post by techsc » Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:48 pm

Karsten,

thank you very much. Only with the original Firmware 3.5.10.5335 the sorting is not modified by Noxon.

So I will have to live with the oldest Firmware.

Interesting, what 'experts' are working at Terratec.