Twonky & Itunes - Itunes playlists not showing in Twonk

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
bromo999

Post by bromo999 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:20 am

I am using Twonkymedia 4.4 with Itunes. The install had both Itunes boxes checked for "..use Itunes xml" and "playlists" When I go into "scan media"/"web access" screen... (the eyeball)... the only playlists it ever shows is "last played" and "most played". None of my Itunes playlists are shown.

Bob

alstein

Re: Twonky & Itunes - Itunes playlists not showing in T

Post by alstein » Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:16 pm

bromo999 wrote:I am using Twonkymedia 4.4 with Itunes. The install had both Itunes boxes checked for "..use Itunes xml" and "playlists" When I go into "scan media"/"web access" screen... (the eyeball)... the only playlists it ever shows is "last played" and "most played". None of my Itunes playlists are shown.

Bob
HI
Are you able to play your iTunes music through Twonkymedia? I have had no success. I emailed tech support and they replied that iTunes music encoded with AAC did not work with Twonky. I was quite disappointed since about 75% of my music is under iTunes.

is0lde

no playlists

Post by is0lde » Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:53 pm

I have the problem...

t675web

Post by t675web » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:42 am

twonky 4.4 on NSLU2/Noxon2: itunes-playlists work fine

twonky 4.4.2 on NSLU2/Noxon2: itunes playlists don't work any more

definitely a twonky issue - went back zu 4.4 :-(

AAC-files work fine in my setup as long as they are not copy protected

markah1

Post by markah1 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:18 am

I have the same issue on a Netgear MP101 client - all the music shows up, and genres, files etc., but the only playlists are "last played" and "most played".

Do you know where to get the file download, if I want to go back to ver. 4.4? I couln't find it on the website.

Thank you,

Mark

JimGib

Post subject: Twonky & Itunes - Itunes playlists not sho

Post by JimGib » Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:46 am

I have a new Twonky installation on a NSLU2 using unSlung and Twonky version 4.4.2 The only playlist that both Cidero and Roku show are last played and most played.
Everything else appears to work correctly.
Apparently there is a software issue or an *.ini setting that needs to be changed.

Also
Can someone point me in the correct direction, I have a large itunes directory (on the NSLU2) and a large MP3 directory that contains mostly audio books as *.mp3. How do I create a separate tree structure either at the music directory level;
Music -----+-->itunes
+---> audio_books

Or
Music
Audio_books

Currently all the audio files, music and audio books are listed together, very confusing.
Thanks

cleblanc

Post by cleblanc » Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:55 pm

Anybody have a solution for this? I am using Twonkyvision on a PS3 and it cannot read my Itunes Playlist files. All my files are in MP3 format.