Twonkymedia on Asus WL-HDD, not detected by XBMC

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
don_camillo
Twonkymedia on Asus WL-HDD, not detected by XBMC

Post by don_camillo » Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:12 pm

My Twonkymedia (V4.4) installed on Windows XP PC works like a charm in connection with XBMC on my Xbox (Using UPNP protocol of course). But installed on WL-HDD Twonkymedia is not detected. I have made researches and found out, that Twonkymedia is at fault. This is what they have reported in the XBMC forum also. (Citation: '...the xbox can't send multicast, so we send unicast (or actually broadcast)...'). It is obviously not working because of the missing broadcast support. BTW my Network connection is ok, because I can access the WL-HDD from XBMC via Samba Protocol without any problems. Will this problem be solved sooner or later. I think many of external storage (linux NAS) users with twonkymedia installed have this problem.

don_camillo

Post by don_camillo » Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:01 pm

Please Christian, give me a short answer on this. Do I have to delete this on my wishlist?

twonky-christian
Lynx Technology Staff
AV Hardware:PC

Post by twonky-christian » Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:28 am

nothing we can do here

just make sure you have set the multicast route as described in the FAQ - nothing more you can do