TwonkyMedia not seeing video files

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
walshchristopherj
TwonkyMedia not seeing video files

Post by walshchristopherj » Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:40 pm

I have TwonkyMedia 4.4 running on a Maxtor Shared Storage +. I primarly use it with my XBOX 360 and through the internet with the new WebBrowse feature. I have added videos and used the Rescan Content Directories option and also Rebuilt the Database and videos do not show up at all. Music and Photos are fine but no videos are being found. Somebody please help me. One more thing, the rescan of the content directories takes days when before TwonkyMedia 4.4 it would take less than an hour.

DonO

Also cannot see videos

Post by DonO » Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:33 pm

I also have a similar problem: no videos are found, yet music and photos are found. I'm not using NAS, just a directly-connected SATA drive.

BTW, my videos are all home movies in MPEG-2 with extension ".mpg" coming primarily from a Sony camera.

I'm watching to see the responses you get for your question...

mzitz

Post by mzitz » Tue Dec 25, 2007 4:09 pm

Similar here - Videos found, all checked with GSpot and mpeg-1/mpeg-2 confirmed, but none of them is playing - always unsupported format on my Zyxel DMA-1000W.

If you got it to work, just let me know!

jaswant_mits2004
AV Hardware:Twonky media server

Re: TwonkyMedia not seeing video files

Post by jaswant_mits2004 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:16 am

Can you please try following options:
1.remove MPEG videos from the content dir and try again with some small video files.
2.Try with the latest version of twonky media server that is 4.4.4 RC3

Regards,
Jaswant Rajput