Video files not cataloged

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
izbox
Video files not cataloged

Post by izbox » Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:26 pm

Greetings all, thanks in advance for any help offered here.

My setup is as follows:

Windows 2003 server w/ Twonky 4.4 running as a service
DNS-323 NAS for use only as storage
XBOX 360
Other clients use the Web interface

Right now the music is all in the Twonky DB but when I added my videos folder nothing is cataloged. I turned the logging on and I see it hit that folder but it doesn't do anything nor find any of the files.

Both my music folder and my video folder have the same permissions on the DNS323 and I have Twonky connect to them the same way. I have tried to catalog MOV files, M4V's, MPEG2's and WMV's. All with the same result.

The other thing is I have a Pictures folder that IS being cataloged. JPG's in that, nothing special. So it really is just the Videos folder that is acting up.

Anyone else having issues like this? It's making me crazy trying to figure it out!

Thanks!

izbox

Post by izbox » Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:14 pm

FYI I just moved a video to my music folder and set the folder to be "Video only" in Twonky and it finally saw the file.

This is so strange!!! The Videos, Pictures and Music folder have all the same settings.... Yet only the Videos folder is not being properly cataloged.

I'm going to try recreating the Videos folder on the DNS323 and seeing if that helps but I doubt it....

izbox

Post by izbox » Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:24 pm

Well, I have no idea why but it worked. I deleted the Videos folder, recreated it and copied all the files back into it and Twonky found them.

:|

So there you have it, problem solved.

jensph

Post by jensph » Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:01 pm

There does seem to be multiple reports of content re-scanning issues with Twonky 4.4.

I guess by recreating the folder you forced the re-scan.