Want to buy the product, but need to make it work first...!

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
kolvadw
Want to buy the product, but need to make it work first...!

Post by kolvadw » Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:25 am

Hi,

I am setting up a Windows 2003 server to be the media server for all media in my house. Easy enough to get the PCs to pull media from it through file sharing, but I have Xbox 360s and an DirecTV HR20 that I want to share content with as well.

I downloaded and installed your product and am having two problems:

- The HR20 can see the server and see the content, but on the music list it just shows the songs with an X next to the title and a time of 0:00. Needless to say they don't play. What else do I need to do to get the HR20 to be able to play the songs? It seems to be able to see the pictures okay, but doesn't see any MPGs in the video folder I am sharing either.

- The XBOX 360s are connected to my media center PC, but now that the media is on the server they can't see it any more hence the need for Twonky. I want to continue to have the 360s connect to the Vista MC PC as it provides access to TV tuners, etc. But when I go into the music library or video library and tell it to add folders shared on OTHER computers it says there are no other computers sharing media on my network.... Any idea of what else I need to do to get the 360s to see the Twonky server's shared folders?

I have made sure that Twonkymedia and Twonkymediaserver are in the firewall exception list. I have also enabled client logging and tried to access the server. All I see are a number of lines of the form [ERROR]HTTP:Cannot receive header, clientSocket=332, nBytesReceived=0 where the client socket number changes...

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Don

kolvadw

some progress

Post by kolvadw » Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:23 am

Ok, I figured out I needed to use the media connect in XBOX 360 to connect to the server instead of Media Center... Too bad as I would have preferred the MC interface, but at least it is now working.

So just need to figure out the HR20 problem...

On a separate note, anyone know if the Creative Wireless Music works with this server? The server identifies it as Generic DLNA 1.0 device, but don't see a way to get it to talk to the server...

Don

kolvadw

Post by kolvadw » Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:06 pm

do the Twonky support people help out here or just users helping users...?

kolvadw

Some Progress

Post by kolvadw » Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:10 pm

Ok, got some of the music to come up after installing the LAME add-on. But only some. Is it possible this only supports certain encoding formats (e.g. 92kbps, 128kbps, etc.).

Don

JimLill

Post by JimLill » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:09 am

I have had T-media for a year but just tried it with my HR20
Got lpcm in etc. OK but songs starts then stops on HR20 ??

JimLill

Post by JimLill » Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:32 am

song stopping............ not sure what I did but it seems solved!

Next.... how to get videos from TW to work

bart

Post by bart » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:07 am

If you happen to know the answer on how to make video work on twonky then let me know....