Bad picture quality and no internet radio

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
tilimil
Bad picture quality and no internet radio

Post by tilimil » Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:25 am

I have installed TwonkyMedia 4.4.1 and am trying to us it with my PS3. I want to get these last two things working before I buy this product.

First, many of my pictures seem to get rescaled to a point that the quality is poor. My old digital pictures from 2001 and before look like original. I also notice they don;t show up in the cache folder so they are not getting scaled for some reason. But the newer pictures that are over a megapixel all seem to get scaled to 160 by 160 and they end up looking very bad. I tried disabling the picture scaling but this didn't seem to make a difference. How do I fix this?

Secondly, I am getting no internet radio stations showing up in the PS3. When I go to internet radio I see a bunch of "unsupported data" in the list. The server status shows 168 radio stations.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

mgillespie
AV Hardware:TwonkyMedia AV UPnP Mediaserver (Marvell Kirkwood ARM Sheevaplug with Debian Squeeze).
2x Noxon V2 audio client
1x PS3 Slim 500GB Audio/Video UPnP client.
1x Sony VGF-CP1 Wireless Photoframe.

Post by mgillespie » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:27 pm

The releasenotes for 4.4 clearly state internet radio is not currently supported on PS3. It's apparently due to the PS3 requiring media length information (which is obviously missing from a constant stream.)
Please note: Moderators here are voluntary and do not work for PacketVideo or Twonky, please do not attack us. Any posts are personal opinion, and may not be those of PV/Twonky.

tilimil

Post by tilimil » Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:01 am

My bad, thanks for the heads up. Anyone got any idea on the picture quality?

sjm

Post by sjm » Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:04 am

I had 4.4 running great, and tried 4.4.1. It HORRIBLY broke picture quality. I installed 4.4.2 and all is well.