Server or Client suddenly stopped working...

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
evilo
Server or Client suddenly stopped working...

Post by evilo » Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:50 am

Hi,

For a reason I can't explain, I'm not able anymore to watch movies from my PS3...

first my installation :
- Synology 101j running TwonkyMedia Server 4.4 (last version)
- Roku Soundbridge M1001
- PS3 with Firmware 1.90

A more detailed explanation :

Two weeks ago (before leaving for holidays), I was putting VOB files into my Synology Server, and watching it on the PS3, everything was working finely.

Since Yesterday night, when I try to browse my server content, the PS3 just displays "No Title Present", while in the mean time my roku soundbridge is still able to browse and play music....

the weird thing is that I didn't upgraded my PS3, the Syno FW or the TwonkyMedia Server since last time it was working... the only difference is the number and content of file on the server...

My feeling is that the PS3 has a problem, but since it's not possible to change it's software (apart a new one from sony) and even if less logical, I guess there is something wrong with the server (but in that case my roku shouldn't work...)

I tried to restart the server, rebuilt the database, but without any changes.

I tried to search for a log file on the server, but didn't found anything...
Can you please help to find out how I can solve this issue ?

Thank you,
evilo
Twonky running on a Synology DS101j

mgillespie
AV Hardware:TwonkyMedia AV UPnP Mediaserver (Marvell Kirkwood ARM Sheevaplug with Debian Squeeze).
2x Noxon V2 audio client
1x PS3 Slim 500GB Audio/Video UPnP client.
1x Sony VGF-CP1 Wireless Photoframe.

Post by mgillespie » Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:21 pm

Does the PS3 play music files?

If it does, then perhaps it's a server issue. Have you tried a full database rebuild?
Please note: Moderators here are voluntary and do not work for PacketVideo or Twonky, please do not attack us. Any posts are personal opinion, and may not be those of PV/Twonky.

evilo

Post by evilo » Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:55 pm

No... the PS3 doesn't any media, music, video or photo...

On the other hand, the roku player is able to see everything...

I already tried a full database rebuild but without success :(

[EDIT]

So, I just figured out the problem...

Two IP adresses were affected to my PS2 in the device table... I just resetted it, and got it working again :)

mgillespie
AV Hardware:TwonkyMedia AV UPnP Mediaserver (Marvell Kirkwood ARM Sheevaplug with Debian Squeeze).
2x Noxon V2 audio client

Post by mgillespie » Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:56 pm

There are 2 probems with the PS3 XMB client.

1/ All media types are available on the PS3 media menu. It's possible to navigate to Music media files, under the Video menu, the media will be listed, but will not play. Make you are accessing the correct media under the correct media node.

2/ where the HDD powers dowm on the server, and the timeout on the PS3 is shorter than my HDD spin up time., so it reports incompatible format.

Could either of these be the problem?
Please note: Moderators here are voluntary and do not work for PacketVideo or Twonky, please do not attack us. Any posts are personal opinion, and may not be those of PV/Twonky.

evilo

Post by evilo » Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:48 pm

Hi mgillespie,

thank you for your answer, but as reported below, the problem was that my PS3 had 2 entries in the device table, with two different IP address, clearing it just solved my problem :)

is this a bug in the server, the fact that it doesn't take into account a different IP for the same device ?

regards,
evilo

mgillespie
2x Noxon V2 audio client

Post by mgillespie » Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:08 am

Do you use static or dynamic IP address allocation?

Perhaps it would be better to stick to static IP address for local LAN.