Twonky sees no media!

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
Basso
Twonky sees no media!

Post by Basso » Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:29 pm

TwonkyMedia version: 4.4
Operating System: Mac OS 10.4.10
Client(s) and their software version: Buffalo Link Theater
Type(s) of media you are having problems with: All
How many files you have in your database: 1-100
Network type (Wired/Wireless): Wireless WEP

Software looks very good, I can see the Mediaserver from my Buffalo DVD Media streamer, the problem is I can not get Twonky to see any media, I've followed all the suggest, rebooted, changed the scan time to 0, rescanned etc etc, I've read every suggestion and tried everything, I've moved files to local folders but still 0 files seen.

Any suggestions? Maybe I'm overlooking something basic.

Basso

Post by Basso » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:31 pm

Time to move on, I spent a couple hours messing with it, modified .ini file etc. I now show files on the server preview but my streamer still shows no files. Program looks great but, I'm not shelling out $40 for a broke program, guess I'll try back in a few months.

wideasleep1

Post by wideasleep1 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:28 am

Basso wrote:Time to move on, I spent a couple hours messing with it, modified .ini file etc. I now show files on the server preview but my streamer still shows no files. Program looks great but, I'm not shelling out $40 for a broke program, guess I'll try back in a few months.
Program isn't 'broke'...what does mediabrowser show? (http://(IP of server):9000/webbrowse

mgillespie
AV Hardware:TwonkyMedia AV UPnP Mediaserver (Marvell Kirkwood ARM Sheevaplug with Debian Squeeze).
2x Noxon V2 audio client
1x PS3 Slim 500GB Audio/Video UPnP client.
1x Sony VGF-CP1 Wireless Photoframe.

Post by mgillespie » Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:17 am

How many files have been indexed?

Music tracks: ???
Pictures: ???
Videos: ???
Radio stations: ???

This can be found on the Server status page.

Are you sure the server installed correctly? The plugins that handle searching need execure permissions. I'm not that familiar with NAS devices, so I can't really help.

Have you tried installing the Twonky PC-based server (Win/Linux/Mac) on your nextwork? Does this work correctly?
Please note: Moderators here are voluntary and do not work for PacketVideo or Twonky, please do not attack us. Any posts are personal opinion, and may not be those of PV/Twonky.