Tracks errors with a GoVideo D2730

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
JonnyJett
Tracks errors with a GoVideo D2730

Post by JonnyJett » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:14 pm

I have TwonkyMedia 4.2 on WinXP with a GoVideo D2730 client. This is my backup. I normally use an Xbox 360 but I had to send it in because of the infamous ring of death. As far as I can remember, the 360 plays all of these tracks. Also, I remember that often the 360 didn't display the correct track times. But that never bothered me. Maybe there's a connection?

Back to the D2730:

I'm having problems with track lengths. Some tracks aren't being played all the way through. A lot of really long tracks don't play for more than 2 seconds. But some long songs play fine. I'm playing a single track right now that is 3 hours long (a live DJ set). Something doesn't make sense though. When I play some albums, the tracks are cut short by many seconds or even a minute or two. It's not the same amount every time. Some long tracks only play for 2 seconds. Though I have one long track (3 hours long) that will play for only 9 minutes.

There is one thing that they all have in common: All of the tracks that don't play all the way through have incorrect track times. So the tracks might be 3:35 in length but on screen it says 2:23. The long ones might be 3:00:04, but it'll say :02. All of these tracks' times are displayed correctly in WinAmp on my computer and can be played without a flaw.

I believe I came across this problem a while ago and received some responses here:
http://www.media-servers.com/forums/vie ... =4834#4834
But that link no longer works.

Suggestions? :?

JonnyJett

Post by JonnyJett » Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:13 am

Does anyone have any ideas?

sjm

Post by sjm » Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:18 pm

My 2730 always had the wrong track length, but it always showed the tracks being longer than they actually were, so they always played all the way through.