Rebuild database after NAS switch off

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
AiKju
AV Hardware:SONY PS3, SONY LCD KDL-46W4730, Pioneer Plasma, Philips Streamium, Noxon iRadio, Noxon2, Activy Media Center, 3 * Bufallo Terastation 2TB
Rebuild database after NAS switch off

Post by AiKju » Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:21 pm

Hi,
I have the following problem. My files are served by two Buffalo Terastations. The TwonkyVision Media server (4.4.2) runs on a seperated Windows XP SP2 computer. Due to the reasons of power savings I switch off the NAS systems. But everytime I do so, after about one or two days the Twonky Media database ist reseted to zero files. My rescan time is set to zero! A rescan don't do it because it stops somewhere and won't continue?! I must rebuild the database and the duration for a complete rebuild is about four hours (about 40000 Mediafiles). Is there something I do wrong? Can you help me?

Thanks,
Kw

natzke

Post by natzke » Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:16 pm

Hi,

I am new to the Twonky MediaServer but as I know the RescanTime "0" means that the Server will check for changes automaticaly.

If I am right, the shutdown of your NAS should cause a rescan and if your NAS is down ther are zero files.

GregiBoy
AV Hardware:Zensonic Z500 x 2, Ziova CS-505, D-Link DSM-320, iPaq RX3715, TwonkyVision 4.4.3 Windows XP, TVersity

Post by GregiBoy » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:49 am

What happens if you stop the Twonky service before you shut down the NAS's and don't start it again until after the NAS's are up and running again?

Don't forget that a machine reboot/restart will restart Twonky too.

AiKju
AV Hardware:SONY PS3, SONY LCD KDL-46W4730, Pioneer Plasma, Philips Streamium, Noxon iRadio, Noxon2, Activy Media Center, 3 * Bufallo Terastation 2TB

Post by AiKju » Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:11 am

@GregiBoy: Yes, that was my idea too.

The last information I got from TwonkyVision was that a RescanTime "0" means the system will NOT check for changes. "-1" checks automatically. However I try, if a manual stop of the Twonky service before I shut down the NAS's will do it.

Thanks for the replies!