evaluating Twonky - a few questions

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
Beano
evaluating Twonky - a few questions

Post by Beano » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:45 am

I'm currently evaluating TwonkyMedia and have a few quastions:

1) When I select the Twonky server from my PS3, I'm allways presented with the Music/Pictures/Videos level under Twonky no matter if I'm selecting music, videoes or pictures. Can this level be bypassed or hidden somehow ?

2) Can some of the standard items in the selection tree be removed? I do not like to have the "- ALL - ", "All Tracks", etc. items for example.

3) When selecting a folder in the selection tree with the triangle button on my PS3, I do not have the option to play all tracks in the folder. Is this a limitation in Twonky (not reporting the correct folder content-type to PS3) or PS3 itself?

4) Is it somehow possible for Twonky to use images in folders as icons for the Twonky folders ?
Seems to me that only only embedded MP3 images are used for the items/folders. Would be nice if Twonky could use "folder.jpg" files automaticly :)

5) I also have a Xbox 360 but it somehow can't find Twonky on the network. I have Twonky installed on a Synology NAS (CS-407) - is this the problem?

6) Under it's currently possible to have a "Album Artist" node in music navigation tree, but is it also possible to have a "Artist Album" node?

That's it for now... TIA :)

/Beano

natzke

Re: evaluating Twonky - a few questions

Post by natzke » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:53 am

Beano wrote: 6) Under it's currently possible to have a "Album Artist" node in music navigation tree, but is it also possible to have a "Artist Album" node?
/Beano
The "Album Artist" node is a single TAG of a media-file. It is normaly used to assign one Artist to a album with diffrent Artists in the tracks of the album.

e.g. the Album "Cream" of Eric Clapton has some Guest. If you navigate like this:
Artist -> "Eric Clapton"
Album -> "Cream"

Only the tracks assigned to Clapton will be played.

If you assign "Eric Clapton" to the tag "Album artist" of all tracks you can use a Navigation tree withe the node "Album Artist" like this:
Album Artist -> "Eric Clapton"
Album -> "Cream"

In this case all tracks of the album Cream wil be played.

To answer your question "Album Artist" is not a selection sequence in the navigation tree. In that case your request for a node "Artist Album" does not make any sense.

Bad News:
If you use iTunes for your Music the node "Album Artist" in the Navigation Tree is not working. There might be a problem finding the Tag in the iTunes files.

mgillespie
AV Hardware:TwonkyMedia AV UPnP Mediaserver (Marvell Kirkwood ARM Sheevaplug with Debian Squeeze).
2x Noxon V2 audio client
1x PS3 Slim 500GB Audio/Video UPnP client.
1x Sony VGF-CP1 Wireless Photoframe.

Post by mgillespie » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:07 pm

The foreign nodes under Music/Pictures/Video, are controlled by the PS3.

It's annoying as hell, and I REALLY hope Sony get rid of them, many a time, I have been looking for music under the video node, and get no content!!!

GRRR>>>
Please note: Moderators here are voluntary and do not work for PacketVideo or Twonky, please do not attack us. Any posts are personal opinion, and may not be those of PV/Twonky.