[ERROR]HTTP:Cannot receive header

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
UncleDave
[ERROR]HTTP:Cannot receive header

Post by UncleDave » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:27 am

I have a Windows 2003 server running Twonky (4.4) and Nero MediaHome (7.10.1.0). As an end point device I have Nero Home running on a XP Pro machine. I am unable to watch any movies served by Twonky on the XP machine but can watch movies served by Nero.

I have tried putting on all the log options on Twonky and the only thing that SEEMS to make sense to me is the HTTP error. On searching this forum the only postings I can find to that error involve networking issues, I have followed the advice from those postings to no avail. While I understand that this problem could entirely be related to Nero I would like to be able to confirm that there is no problem with Twonky.

Therefore I would like to know what the error above actually means, what logs I should enable and what I should be looking out for in the logs.

Thanks

UD.

UncleDave

Since nobody knows

Post by UncleDave » Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:33 am

Here is the information (two messages) that I have received back from support.

please try and verify with the Intel AV Media Controller from the Intel UPnP Tool (free download) that the server works correctly. Than it is definitely a problem of the Nero application.

in HTTP is is valid under certain condition to re-use a connection for more than one request. The error means that the player has already closed the connection to the server before sending a second request without appropriate HTTP header fields ("Connection: close" or similar). This is not really a problem, since the server will also free it resources for this prematurely closed connection. The server is then waiting for new connections from the player.

I am still no further down the line in trying to solve my problem but at least I understand a little more. I also think that the comments in other posts about QoS and network issues causing the "[ERROR]HTTP:Cannot receive header" error are not correct.