TwonkyVision Media Server is losing configuration info

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
digitoxin
TwonkyVision Media Server is losing configuration info

Post by digitoxin » Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:42 am

Since version 4.3, my TwonkyVision Media Server will lose some or all of its configuration information when rebooting my computer. It does not happen all of the time, but randomly. I have tried reproducing the problem by stopping and restarting the service over and over, but it seems to only happen on a reboot. I have noticed though that when restarting the service the twonkyvision-mediaserver.ini files last modified date is updated to the current date and time. Does this mean Twonky is rewriting the .ini after every restart? If so, maybe on a reboot, it is sometimes misreading the configuration or unable to read the configuration and then just writing defaults back out to the file overwriting the configuration. Why is Twonky even writing to the .ini at all? I have looked in the .ini and cannot find any session specific information that would require a write on startup. Oh, By the way, I am running Windows XP Professional SP2.

raven

Post by raven » Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:56 am

i encounter a similar problem but my twonky (4.2 beta5) is preinstalled on a freecom fsg nas. When i reboot the fsg nas twonky forgot the settings of the locations where to search for the music, video etc.