Playlists disapear from "Music->Playlist"

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
Toxx
Playlists disapear from "Music->Playlist"

Post by Toxx » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:39 am

My System:

Twonky Media Version 4.4.2
Buffalo Linkstation Live
Client: Http, TG 100

Afer a while my Playlists for Video-Files (.mpg) disapear from "Music -> Playlists"

When I modify them and save they will reshown after refreshing Medialist, but disapear again after a while.

Mike23

Post by Mike23 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:49 am

I have the exact same problem with my playlists. I temporarily got them working, but I am not sure if they will continue to work or will I start getting this problem again. Anyway, this seems to help, but I am not 100% sure if it will help forever. Since you are on a Linux-based NAS, open up the file for your playlist and for the directory path to your videos, change all the "\" to "/" (without the quotes). This is because "/" is the preferred slash for Linux when it comes to navigating directories in Linux (while "\" is for Windows).

Another possible solution is to move the playlists into an area where Twonky cannot scan them. Do a rescan. Then put them pack, and do another rescan. The playlists might appear again.

These two solutions worked for me. However, I am not sure if they resolved the problem 100%. It is still possible that my playlists will disappear too. I hope this helps. Tell me your results.
TwonkyVision 4.4
Ubuntu Linux 7.04 Feisty (PC)

Toxx

Post by Toxx » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:54 pm

Mike23 wrote: Since you are on a Linux-based NAS, open up the file for your playlist and for the directory path to your videos, change all the "" to "/" (without the quotes). This is because "/" is the preferred slash for Linux when it comes to navigating directories in Linux (while "" is for Windows)..
The Playlist is strored in the same directory like the media-files, so i don't need any path with / or \ to adress the files.

is0lde

Post by is0lde » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:58 pm

Mike23 wrote:I have the exact same problem with my playlists. I temporarily got them working, but I am not sure if they will continue to work or will I start getting this problem again. Anyway, this seems to help, but I am not 100% sure if it will help forever. Since you are on a Linux-based NAS, open up the file for your playlist and for the directory path to your videos, change all the "" to "/" (without the quotes). This is because "/" is the preferred slash for Linux when it comes to navigating directories in Linux (while "" is for Windows).
Will this mean that for example "z:" should read "z:/" ?
dose linux recognize "Z:" ? or should be path be "/shares/mss-hdd/my music/etc.." ? :cry:

hadlock

Post by hadlock » Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:31 pm

This has been a problem for a while, with all of the 4.x versions I think. My playlists disappear too whenever I rescan the directories. My fix- disable the automatic rescan and use the "Rebuild Database" link on the troubleshooting page whenever I add content. Though not ideal, it works just fine...

is0lde

Post by is0lde » Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:32 pm

hadlock wrote:This has been a problem for a while, with all of the 4.x versions I think. My playlists disappear too whenever I rescan the directories. My fix- disable the automatic rescan and use the "Rebuild Database" link on the troubleshooting page whenever I add content. Though not ideal, it works just fine...
You have it easy! I have to do a reset to defaults every time I add content.
But I do have some playlists appearing now.

Only m3u files that are physically in an Album folder, and that do NOT contain any file path. If I have a playlist file that contains songs in different album folders, they will not appear.

My problem must be in the path "z:\my music\a folder\an mp3.mp3"

Maybe its a linux path it needs?????? but i dont know much linux.
Maxtor Shares storage plus v2.6.2 openmss
running Twonky media v4.3.

Netgear EVA700

hadlock

Post by hadlock » Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:03 pm

Ouch! Yeah, that hurts..

My playlists are all in the root mp3 directory and all file references are relative. Here's an excerpt:

#EXTINF:200,Trace Adkins - Hot Mama
Trace Adkins\Comin' On Strong\01 - Hot Mama.mp3
#EXTINF:265,Kellie Pickler - Small Town Girl
Kellie Pickler\Small Town Girl\06 - Small Town Girl.mp3

Where "Trace Adkins" or "Kellie Pickler" is the subdirectory...