No avi files found - please help !

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
itwont
No avi files found - please help !

Post by itwont » Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:07 am

Hi,

Hoping someone can help, I have this problem on a QNAP TS-209Pro, I have put all of my media onto it (mpg,mp3,avi,mov,wmv etc) and cannot get avi files from it to be shown on my frontend, a buffalo linktheater (copied everything from a Terastation which avi files work with). Other non avi files work.

The strange thing is that the linktheater sees the directories which have avi files in them but does not show the avi files but when I use a PC and navigate to :
http://{ipaddress}:9000/webbrowse
then I can navigate to the directory and also see the avi files.

For example, within a directory, I have six subdirectories, 3 are actually empty and the other 3 have avi files in them, the linktheater sees the 3 directories that have the avi files in them but when navigated to, I get "No content found"

This looks as though the Twonky S/W isn't working as it must be serving up the 3 directories containing files, but not the avi files within them - unless someone has an explanation ?

Also, have checked the status page and it gives a figure for number of Videos which looks OK.

Have checked the twonky site which says that avi files are supported.

and have tried QNAP firmware TS-209Pro Version 1.1.2 build 1012T and the latest 1.1.3.

TwonkyMedia version : 4.4.2
Operating System : Linux 2.6.12.6-arm1
Client(s) and their software version
Type(s) of media you are having problems with : Only avi's sofar
How many files you have in your database :

Music tracks: 2058
Pictures: 138
Videos: 1522

Network type : Wired

The same avi files can be seen when using a buffalo Terastation backend to serve them.

The avi files on the QNAP can be seen by my mythtv client - but this is because it is looking at them via NFS.

Anyone got any ideas why I am having problems with the avi's ?

Thanks

itwont

mhabing

AVI's not showing up on CS505

Post by mhabing » Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:57 am

Hi,

other device, but same problem: Twonky does not seem to present the AVI files to the Ziova CS505. I can see the files in through webbrowse, and the Ziova plays them fine through SMB, but I cannot see them through the TwonkyServer...

kind regards

Martijn

JoeMerchant

.AVI files (not seen) on PS3

Post by JoeMerchant » Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:09 pm

I have the same issue between a TS-109 with Twonky 4.4.2 going to a PS3 v2.10

.AVI files are non-functional via Twonky - copy the exact same file to a CF card and pop it in the PS3 and the files play fine.

My .AVI files are generated by a Canon Powershot G3 camera, I have about 200 of them accumulated over the last 4 years - would be nice to access them from the living room TV...

FHSalute

Re: AVI's not showing up on CS505

Post by FHSalute » Mon Dec 24, 2007 8:36 pm

mhabing wrote:Hi,

other device, but same problem: Twonky does not seem to present the AVI files to the Ziova CS505. I can see the files in through webbrowse, and the Ziova plays them fine through SMB, but I cannot see them through the TwonkyServer...

kind regards

Martijn
Same problem here. My Ziova CS505 don't shows any AVI or DivX files.
Also most of my JPEG pictures are not visible.
If I want to see files with webbrowser on my XP Pro SP2 machine I often have to hit "reload" - sometemes more, sometimes less media files are visible???

peterfu

Re: AVI's not showing up on CS505

Post by peterfu » Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:36 am

FHSalute wrote: Same problem here. My Ziova CS505 don't shows any AVI or DivX files.
Also most of my JPEG pictures are not visible.
If I want to see files with webbrowser on my XP Pro SP2 machine I often have to hit "reload" - sometemes more, sometimes less media files are visible???
You might want to look here : http://www.ziova.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=4370
br
Peter