twonky 4.4.2 and iTunes 7

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
superfly
twonky 4.4.2 and iTunes 7

Post by superfly » Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:40 pm

I am using twonky 4.4.2 with iTunes 7 and Omnifi DMS1 as client.

I specify location of iTunes Library.xml as well as set the actual path of the music files under content.

The Omnifi sees the music files but no iTunes playlists.

I have done the exact same configuration with Twonky 4.3 and it sees the playlists and play them just fine but when i upgraded to 4.4.2, it broke this.

Also, my m3u playlists are fine on both versions, just the itunes playlists are not working on 4.4.2

I have searched the forums for this and found others with slightly similar problems but there never seems to be any resolution for my situation.

Do I need to report this to twonky support?

andyrich29

Post by andyrich29 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:12 pm

Yep, same problem here. I'm getting very pissed off with Itunes playlists!

Twonky is good though, I'm running it on an NSLU2 with a 300Gb USB Hard Drive attached. It serves 2 x MP101 - one in the bedroom, and one in the living room. I also have an XBOX 360 where I can view my photo collection and home vids of the kids. It does the job well.

However, I AM GETTING slightly ANNOYYED with Itunes playlists.
I have folllowed the FAQ's to the letter.

1) Exported the Library.XML file.
2) Ran a PERL script to translate the windows directory to the "actual location on the NSLU2. E.g. /flash/data/music/
3) Specified this file in the "External Applications" page.
4) Rebuilt database
5) Knelt down and prayed
6) Promised I would never be a bad boy again
7) No I havent made a mistake in steps 1-6!

Clicked on media browser, and .....albums....[455]......playlists.....[0]
WHY WHY WHY
I guess its another e-mail to Christian.

Christian I know you have lots of hardware/software/systems to maintain. But can you please tell me what I need to do/have done wrong.
Thanks!
Andy

ps. Twonky 4.4.2, Itunes 7