no more db file, can't find ini file, but it works ???

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
w8rn8r
no more db file, can't find ini file, but it works ???

Post by w8rn8r » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:04 pm

This is on WinXP, with TwonkyMedia 4.4.2.

Following some remarks of others in this forum that occasionally, removing the DB makes the server find things it wouldn't before, I've gone ahead and removed "twonkymedia.main.db".

Well ... after a re-scan and server restart, it's still running, and has not rebuilt this DB file. Also, I noticed that there was only one file there - an earlier version also had a separate file for playlists; should I be worried that this wasn't there at all ?

(see also another post of mine - have problems with playlists being found but empty)

Also ... I can't find a config file anywhere ??? The configuration is still ok after a restart, but where would that file be ???

If so - how can I make backup copies ??

Is the server possibly doing some caching and at times losing the connection between its cache and the config file ??

I'm confused - this thing has a life of it's own that it's not wanting to let me understand.

w8rn8r

no more db file, can't find ini file -> USERPROFILE

Post by w8rn8r » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:47 pm

Found the answer to that little riddle myself - my documentation says that this stuff is under the program folder, but it seems it has been moved under the "Application Data" folder under %USERPROFILE%.

... is there a way to keep it under the program folder ?