unsupported media for PS3?

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
zenkinz
unsupported media for PS3?

Post by zenkinz » Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:44 pm

i just installed Twonky 4.4 in my maxtor shared plus NAS, and it's working fine with my PS3.

but for the videos in WMV or AVI format, PS3 sees them as unsupported media. Is that right? any way to fix it?

zenkinz

Re: unsupported media for PS3?

Post by zenkinz » Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:31 am

zenkinz wrote:i just installed Twonky 4.4 in my maxtor shared plus NAS, and it's working fine with my PS3.

but for the videos in WMV or AVI format, PS3 sees them as unsupported media. Is that right? any way to fix it?
if PS3 update its firmware with DivX support, does that mean I should be able to play my AVI files (that are Divx encoded) ?

mgillespie
AV Hardware:TwonkyMedia AV UPnP Mediaserver (Marvell Kirkwood ARM Sheevaplug with Debian Squeeze).
2x Noxon V2 audio client
1x PS3 Slim 500GB Audio/Video UPnP client.
1x Sony VGF-CP1 Wireless Photoframe.

Post by mgillespie » Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:09 am

Yes, TwonkyMedia can already stream DivX to compatible clients. It may be however, you have to wait for Twonky to update the client format support table in the software.

However, a large userbase of PS3 owners now how Twonky, and 4.4.3 is currently in beta, so as soon as Sony switch on DivX support, if Twonky need to do something, It should happen quickly, perhaps in one of the incremental betas.
Please note: Moderators here are voluntary and do not work for PacketVideo or Twonky, please do not attack us. Any posts are personal opinion, and may not be those of PV/Twonky.

zenkinz

Post by zenkinz » Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:44 am

mgillespie wrote:Yes, TwonkyMedia can already stream DivX to compatible clients. It may be however, you have to wait for Twonky to update the client format support table in the software.

However, a large userbase of PS3 owners now how Twonky, and 4.4.3 is currently in beta, so as soon as Sony switch on DivX support, if Twonky need to do something, It should happen quickly, perhaps in one of the incremental betas.
Thanks! shall wait patiently for that day to come!

one unrelated question. I intend to purchase the license for my maxtor shared plus. Can this license be brought over to a new NAS server which I plan to upgrade in a year time?