Internet Radio .m3u playlists and PS3

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
skneip
Internet Radio .m3u playlists and PS3

Post by skneip » Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:44 am

Hi everyone, I browsed around and didn't see anyone having this problem.

I'm running a PC with Windows XP SP2 and a new PS3 (latest OS) and Twonky v4.4.1.0. connected via a Linksys WRT54G.

I've set up Twonky and I can see and listen to all the music residing on my PC perfectly with my PS3. I really like this app so far... it's tiny, clean, easy!

I'm wondering if it's possible to get streaming internet radio to play on my PS3 via Twonky. I have created a few .m3u playlists exactly like the example included with Twonky, and added a few stations that I like to listen to in it (SOMA FM, Nectarine, etc.). These playlists do not seem to show up on the PS3 no matter what I do.

Have I missed a step or am I just trying to do something that's not possible?

Thanks!

skneip

Post by skneip » Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:14 am

Hmmm... looks like I'm out of luck. 95 views so far and no ones knows the answer. :(

m_i_c_r_o

Post by m_i_c_r_o » Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:20 am

Hi,

I don't have your device-setup but working for me is placing the file "Radio.m3u" in a music-(only?)-scanned folder (not a compilation-folder!) ... this might be a small bug!? :roll:

If Internet-Radio is activated in Twonky and your station-URLs are valid then you should see your stations under Music/Internet Radio/Radio.

Hope that helps ...

Michael
---
Server: Synology CS407 @ DIR-655
Clients: NOXON2Audio, Allnet Allsound aka UMedia AudioMate, DSM320RD, PPC(WM5)

i2Paq

Post by i2Paq » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:00 pm

I was having the same sort of issue.

Talked to support and they told me that I should create a Playlist in WinAmp and then save it. I did and then copied the list to my Twonky server and voila, there is was.

skneip

Post by skneip » Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:59 am

Okay, I've tried and tried and this is driving me nuts... I can't make it work. Let me attempt to give some more detail about my setup and maybe someone will be able to pinpoint my mistake.

On my PC I have Twonky v4.4.1.0. My PS3 was just updated to the newest OS today, v2.10.

I have instructed Twonky to share the following three paths in the TwonkyVision Configuration:

M:\iTunes (set to Music-Only)
M:\Internet Radio (set to Music-Only)
M:\Movies and TV (set to Video-Only)

Inside the "Internet Radio" folder on my PC I have placed an m3u file named "Radio.m3u" which contains the following:

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:-1,Nectarine Demoscene Radio
http://bombastix.soundbomb.net:8000/nectarine.mp3

My PC is connected to my Linksys WRT54G router via an Ethernet cable. The windows firewall is off and I have disabled all anti-virus, firewalls, etc., just to be sure. My PS3 is connected to the router via wireless. In TwonkyVision I have enabled "Shoutcast" and none of the genre filters are enabled.

I can see and play all the music in the M:\iTunes folder on my PS3 just perfectly, but when I try to select the Nectarine radio station my PS3 reports "Data Type Not Supported".

In fact, if I go into the TwonkyVision configuration and enable a few different genres of music (techno, rock, etc.) my PS3 reports ALL of them as "Data Type Not Supported".

I've tried quite a few things to resolve this and still no luck. It's working for some people, so I can't help but think I've missed something simple. What am I doing wrong?

JoeMerchant

PS3 Radio

Post by JoeMerchant » Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:05 pm

I have Twonky 4.4.2 on a QNAP TS-109 connected to a PS3 v2.10 via a wired 100Mbps ethernet router.

My understanding from the QNAP forum is that net radio is not supported via Twonky on PS3 - much like the many other format combinations that also do not work on Twonky-PS3, but otherwise "work" on Twonky or PS3 separately.

Hopefully the net-radio issue is a higher priority for Twonky since this is a complete functionality mode that is "down" on the PS3 at the moment - at least there are fairly standard video/audio/photo formats that are available and working - but radio is completely dead as far as I can tell.