Can Twonky access remote drives that are mounted on local PC

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
jeffnoone
Can Twonky access remote drives that are mounted on local PC

Post by jeffnoone » Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:04 pm

Have installed Twonky on a XP_ServicePack2 PC, but much of my multimedia content is on several other PC's on the home network

Even tho I have mounted the remote media-containing drives on the Twonky_PC (they have been allocated a drive letter, and I can access the remote drives with WMP), these drives dont come up Twonky "sharing" - only the local drives come up

I tried forcing Twonky by putting in T:\, where T: is remote drive, but didnt seem to work

IS access to shared drives available?

chrisbaksa

Permissions

Post by chrisbaksa » Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:19 pm

I was able to get access to remote shares by running the Twonky service with a user account rather than the system acount.

If you have the same account on all the machines (with the same password), you should be able to touch them. Then simply add UNC Paths... \\pc1\music. \\pc2\videos. etc...

I run full Active Directory at home so it was easy. But the same local account on all the systems should would as well. The (default) System account will defiantly not be able to touch remote shares.

Chris