Tree display error (folder) & album artist tag fault

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
Briain
AV Hardware:Linn Klimax DS
Linn Majik DS-I
Linn Sneaky DS
WDTV Live Hib
Sonos 80
Tree display error (folder) & album artist tag fault

Post by Briain » Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:29 pm

Hi and happy New Year

I had 4.4.2 and have just updated to 4.4.3.1 on my Ready NAS and noticed that the music tree has two entries under ‘folder’. The top one actually refers to album and the lower one to folder. The music tree retained my original settings but, for example, where they were set to artist \ album, it now shows artist \ folder (all still works though, it's just displayed incorrectly in the tree settings).

The reason I tried updating this is that 4.4.2 doesn’t seem to recognise the composer nor album artist tags in FLAC files. Whenever I select these, all I get displayed (using Linn GUI on Win XP) is an entry ‘unknown’ under ‘U’ and a list of every track name on the NAS. Sadly, 4.4.3.1 has not made any difference, any ideas?

Happy with the product but I do need to figure out why the composer and album artist don’t work; checked my FLAC tags using Mp3tag, dBpoweramp, Media Monkey etc and all show them to be OK.

Update (Briain, Jan 08): Albumartist does work, it was the other software packages which incorrectly tagd it! I'll create a new post detailling how to get it working with Mp3tag.

NB FYI I also cannot set the rescan rate to -1, if I do, it simply resets to 60. I don't need this but thought I'd let you know about it.

Kindest regards,
Briain Wilson
Last edited by Briain on Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.

chrisduffer

Post by chrisduffer » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:34 pm

I'm getting the same problem on 4.4.3.1 on Linux

markmaus
AV Hardware:NAS QNAP TS-101
ROKU Soundbridge M-1001

Re: Tree display error (folder) & album artist tag fault

Post by markmaus » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:25 pm

I also use v4.4.2 on my QNAP TS-101 The Roku Soundbridge listst many songs under the "unknown" artist section in my music Tree. All Songs ar definately taged with an artist entry.

Kind Regards

Mark