Playlists are not showing up in any case!

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
mariokrupik
Playlists are not showing up in any case!

Post by mariokrupik » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:52 pm

Hi,

I am using twonky Vision on my windows home server.
All Media Services Work well - Music, Pictures and Video, but there is no chance I can get the Playlists to work.
Neither in my noxon, wma, or through remote access of TV.
My share folder for Audio is:
F:\Musik\Musikfreigaben

Where it will find any Music in it, in any Subfolder, and I ended now, placing one or two Playlists in each subfolder, but they won`t show up anywhere!

I created already a dozen of different Playlists, through winamp, wma, handwritten Playlists - Playlists in the pls, m3u and the wpl Format. No luck!

Is there anything I am missing?

All I want to do is, using my Noxon to play Playlists.
I don`t need Videos, Pictures, nore do I need to select single Music Files, all I need are Playlists for my Restaurant.
But unfortunatly, this is the only thing which is not working!!!

Should playlists show up, even if they are empty?
Cause I can`t see Playlists, neither the name of them.

thanks,
mario

mariokrupik

Post by mariokrupik » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:16 pm

now I copied some Music to my music share,
and created a Playlist for the Music in this share,
now the Playlist finaly shows up!

My Question:

do I need to put all the Music into the share, which i want to put into the playlist?
And why is that?
Cause I want it to be as simple as possible, only 6 Playlists to select, nothing else. If there are thousands of Tracks, in the Library, it is just going to things way harder to find for my Mother and Father.

thanks

Gift

Yes, of course

Post by Gift » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:08 pm

Yes, of course you need the music to be available to share for Twonky to be able to stream it, as well as the playlist.

This is a security feature more than anything else. Listing a MP3 in a shared playlist does not avoid the need for you to share the Mp3 itself on the network. All the playlist is is a way of telling Twonky what to play next, if it can't find the MP3 file, or if that file has not been made available to the network, then it can't play it.

And if you have a playlist that contains nothing but files it can't find, then Twonky will not display the playlist at all.

brodel

It still does not work

Post by brodel » Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:18 pm

Hi,

for me, TwonkyMedia 4.4.3 (as 4.4.2 before) has a strange behaviour on playlists:

- it adds a playlist if ALL files contained in them are found
- then I add a stream URL (for local icecast server) which is ignored though winamp plays it correctly
- I add a completely new file as a copy of the correct file, add a MP3 with a corrupt (wrong spelled) path - and the playlist is indexed.

And now the X-factor: The wrong spelled file can be clicked and PLAYS SOMETHING!

Since then, every change inside the file is ignored by MediaServer - I can even delete every entry in the file and the server still shows the old contents.

Playlist handling seems to be somewhat fouled up if you ask me.

Bye
Thorsten
Thorsten