Media Server don't save changes

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
rohorubo
Media Server don't save changes

Post by rohorubo » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:01 pm

Hi there

I'm a new Twonky Media user.

I ordered a QNAP Turbo Station NAS with Twony Media Server in it. That was the reason why I downloaded the trial version to get some know how about the media server.

It works fine on my pc...no problem my showcenter has absolutely no problem with it.

Now my question:

I did some changes on the music tree on the congiguration page of Twonky. So I did the changes, saved them and reboot the server. After some seconds twonky is ready again, but the changes on the music tree were not made. Is this may be because using the trail version? Or what else could it be?

I really need to make changes on the music tree (there is too much for me to choose).

Any1 an idea?

greez
rohorubo

PS: I tried it with standard and advanced setup. Both the same result...no changes saved.

rohorubo

Post by rohorubo » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:24 am

no one an idea?

MrCelery

Post by MrCelery » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:23 am

I have this problem too. Very frustrating when I want to quickly watch something streamed to my PS3 from my LaLacie Ethernet drive.

Sorry but I've no idea what is causing this.

MrCelery

Post by MrCelery » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:26 am

I have this problem too. But only on my LaCie Ethernet drive. My PC version works fine.

Very frustrating when I want to quickly watch something streamed to my PS3 from my LaCie drive.

Sorry but I've no idea what is causing this.

eburud

ReadyNAS

Post by eburud » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:20 pm

Hi,
I also have this problem on my Netgear ReadyNAS NV+, running Twonky Media 4.4.3. This problem does not exist in 4.4.2, so I think it's a new bug in the latest version. This is a licensed version, so it's a problem in both the trial and licensed versions.

This is a very nasty bug when you have large media libraries. So, hopefully this will be fixed...

brodel

Similar: Just the music tree settings are always corrupted

Post by brodel » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:53 pm

Hi,

I had a similar problem with 4.4.3, but I found out that

- the webbased configuration surface does not switch the music tree setting
to "custom", but allows me to change something anyway -> then on next
server restart, the custom music tree settings are destroyed and replaced
by the automatic setup.

- Now, I set the option to "custom", but still am not happy:
The configuration file and the server still show the correct custom tree
setup, but the webbased configuration surface always corrupts the first
entry:

this is my entry as I wish to have it:
musicnode1=2 Alb-Int / Album,[2]%ALBUMARTIST,%ALBUM

and in the configuration surface, it is displayed as "Artist / Album"

I think here must be a real problem with the web based configuration editor.

Bye
Thorsten
Thorsten

jaswant_mits2004
AV Hardware:Twonky media server

Re: Media Server don't save changes

Post by jaswant_mits2004 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:25 pm

I think first change the navigation tree setup to custom, save the changes and restart the server. Now change the music/photo/video, save changes and restart server. Now changes will work well.

Thanks and Regards,
Jaswant Rajput

tha5150

Post by tha5150 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:49 pm

i am no expert and i have issues with it myself. but make sure you look in the options and there is a setting to automatically scan or changes every (?)min. it says right beneath it that you can set it to -1 to scan immediately for any changes/additions. i selected this and it sees the movies i add. but then sometimes it resets itself and goes back to scanning every 60 min. very very weird.

mgillespie
AV Hardware:TwonkyMedia AV UPnP Mediaserver (Marvell Kirkwood ARM Sheevaplug with Debian Squeeze).
2x Noxon V2 audio client
1x PS3 Slim 500GB Audio/Video UPnP client.
1x Sony VGF-CP1 Wireless Photoframe.

Post by mgillespie » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:50 pm

tha5150 wrote:i am no expert and i have issues with it myself. but make sure you look in the options and there is a setting to automatically scan or changes every (?)min. it says right beneath it that you can set it to -1 to scan immediately for any changes/additions. i selected this and it sees the movies i add. but then sometimes it resets itself and goes back to scanning every 60 min. very very weird.
If it reverts back from -1, it means your system does not support file system notifictions.
Please note: Moderators here are voluntary and do not work for PacketVideo or Twonky, please do not attack us. Any posts are personal opinion, and may not be those of PV/Twonky.

tha5150

Post by tha5150 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:03 pm

huh? how is that possible? what doesnt it like? im confused? what supported file notifications?

mgillespie
AV Hardware:TwonkyMedia AV UPnP Mediaserver (Marvell Kirkwood ARM Sheevaplug with Debian Squeeze).
2x Noxon V2 audio client

Post by mgillespie » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:32 pm

Tell me what OS, and I may be able to help.

I know that most Linux distributions don't work, which means most NAS devices too.
Please note: Moderators here are voluntary and do not work for PacketVideo or Twonky, please do not attack us. Any posts are personal opinion, and may not be those of PV/Twonky.

tha5150

Post by tha5150 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:37 pm

i have the NSLU2 and i installed twonky on this directly so i can watch movies without my laptop coming on. i have xp pro.

mgillespie
2x Noxon V2 audio client

Post by mgillespie » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:10 pm

then the NSLU2 operating system is unsupported for inotify.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inotify

You need to get support from the NAS maker for inotify...