New forum software!!!

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
mgillespie
AV Hardware:TwonkyMedia AV UPnP Mediaserver (Marvell Kirkwood ARM Sheevaplug with Debian Squeeze).
2x Noxon V2 audio client
1x PS3 Slim 500GB Audio/Video UPnP client.
1x Sony VGF-CP1 Wireless Photoframe.
New forum software!!!

Post by mgillespie » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:44 pm

We have upgraded the boards to PHPBB V3, the latest and greatest version, and I hope you like it. We think it looks very swish.

As it was quite a major task updating, We will be suprised if everything works totally seamlessly, so if you come across any errors, please post them in this thread.

One of the changes in the new forum software, is the ability to have custom fields in your profile. I have added a field (mandatory for new people registering) to list AV UPnP hardware, to assist with support requests.
Last edited by mgillespie on Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added this as a sticky for 7 days.
Please note: Moderators here are voluntary and do not work for PacketVideo or Twonky, please do not attack us. Any posts are personal opinion, and may not be those of PV/Twonky.

Gilrod

Re: New forum software!!!

Post by Gilrod » Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:39 pm

lol

looks ace....

3 hrs ago I went out when I had the old forum on screen, come back in, hit F5 and now there's the new one :-)

Budgie

Post by Budgie » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:07 am

Hi,
Can only access one page of postings under Netgear tab. Is that an artifact of new software? How can I access earlier postings?
Regards,
Budgie

mgillespie
AV Hardware:TwonkyMedia AV UPnP Mediaserver (Marvell Kirkwood ARM Sheevaplug with Debian Squeeze).
2x Noxon V2 audio client
1x PS3 Slim 500GB Audio/Video UPnP client.
1x Sony VGF-CP1 Wireless Photoframe.

Post by mgillespie » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:39 pm

Budgie wrote:Hi,
Can only access one page of postings under Netgear tab. Is that an artifact of new software? How can I access earlier postings?
Regards,
Budgie
That's all the old forum had, same number of topics. I just checked, first post Jan 02 2006. I think a previous server move in the past lost messages...
Please note: Moderators here are voluntary and do not work for PacketVideo or Twonky, please do not attack us. Any posts are personal opinion, and may not be those of PV/Twonky.