Hello? Anyone from TV out there?

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
ThyMaster
Hello? Anyone from TV out there?

Post by ThyMaster » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:53 am

Hi Guys,

does anyone knows what has happened to all the TV guys?
After Christian announced a somewhat buggy 4.4.4 to be released as final end of the week (that was supposed to be around the 15th or 16th of Feb., see this posting:http://www.twonkyforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 746#p17297!) there was no further posting/announcement anywhere!

Even more confusing:
TV seemed to upload this mentioned (buggy) 4.4.4 silently as the new default download (the one the 4.4.3 release posting points to!!). There was no announcement made, that 4.4.4 is now final and for download...

And more and more people seem to complain that they do not get any support and/or response (direct and indirect) from TV at all anymore!

So, what's going on???

- ThyMaster

Magyarock

Re: Hello? Anyone from TV out there?

Post by Magyarock » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:59 pm

It seems that the software as well as the support gets buggier with every new version.
The support isn't as good as it was some time ago. I asked support to send me an older version the one that is on the website (I asked for 4.4 (from june last year). They replied that this version isn't available anymore.
But I refuse to believe that a software company deletes older versions of their software. It think that there are people at Twonky-support who don't like to help their customers :(