Ability to tag video files?

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
bAZ
AV Hardware:dsm-520
Ability to tag video files?

Post by bAZ » Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:19 am

Is there any way to "tag" video files (numerous formats) and then browse via those tags? For example:

Say I have a home movie of my son playing baseball. I'd like to tag it with "Son", "Baseball", "2008", etc. Then when I go to the video section of my dsm520, I'd see:

All Videos
Folder
Tags

Clicking on Tags, I would the see:
Son
Baseball

Within each of these, is the same video (or actually, a pointer to the same video I guess.. I don't want 3 copies of it). I am hoping this is something Twonky can do. It is certainly possible as I've seen it done in TVersity but that program has other issues that prevent me from using it. I am of course open to any other suggestions which achieve my desired results. I've taken a look at the custom tree navigation but cannot find any help files or guides for it so I'm not sure what to do. The various guess and check attempts I've made seem to have absolutely no impact. Perhaps I can accomplish this somehow with playlists? I am a competent developer and could certianly write my own "Tagging" program if I know how to get that info to Twonky.

Thanks in advance.

GregiBoy
AV Hardware:Zensonic Z500 x 2, Ziova CS-505, D-Link DSM-320, iPaq RX3715, TwonkyVision 4.4.3 Windows XP, TVersity

Re: Ability to tag video files?

Post by GregiBoy » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:48 am

Answered you in your other similar post.