upnp player on different network

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
raven
upnp player on different network

Post by raven » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:07 am

On my NAS (Conceptronic CH3SNAS) runs the Twonky server. The nas is located on network A, i can stream music to a upnp player located also on network A. But is it also possible to stream to a upnp player which is located on network B? And if yes, how do I achieve this?

mgillespie
AV Hardware:TwonkyMedia AV UPnP Mediaserver (Marvell Kirkwood ARM Sheevaplug with Debian Squeeze).
2x Noxon V2 audio client
1x PS3 Slim 500GB Audio/Video UPnP client.
1x Sony VGF-CP1 Wireless Photoframe.

Re: upnp player on different network

Post by mgillespie » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:20 pm

Sounds like you need to bridge the networks, so they appear to applications as being on the sme physical network.

If the networks in the same physcial location, look into network bridging, otherwise look at VPN solutions.
Please note: Moderators here are voluntary and do not work for PacketVideo or Twonky, please do not attack us. Any posts are personal opinion, and may not be those of PV/Twonky.

sierrakilo
AV Hardware:Linksys NSLU2
Dreambox 600 7000 7020

Post by sierrakilo » Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:08 pm

You need to configure routing (static or a dynamic routing protocol) and multicast routing (pim-sparse and a rp or pim-dense)

raven

Post by raven » Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:16 pm

sierrakilo wrote:You need to configure routing (static or a dynamic routing protocol) and multicast routing (pim-sparse and a rp or pim-dense)
thanks, but this sounds a bit too difficult for me, maybe I'll google around a little