restrict music to MP3 ?

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
w8rn8r
restrict music to MP3 ?

Post by w8rn8r » Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:47 pm

Having spent the better part of a day trying to get my MP3 tags to show up in a half way orderly manner, twonky's still finding lost of titles without information about album or title.

I'm wondering, is there any documentation that would explain what music formats are supported ?

And, is it possible to restrict the music tree so it won't include certain other formats, such as WAV ?? I'm really not sure this is included today, but it does seems so.

Thanks very much in advance for any hints & pointers !

Sjoske

Re: restrict music to MP3 ?

Post by Sjoske » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:04 pm

I am also looking for this feature. I.e. specifying what audio formats should be scanned.
I transcode statically, as a cron job, all audio files to mp3, mostly from lossless formats.

At the moment they show up as double items in my lists, even on players which do not suppport .flac and/or .ape.
For instance SMC EZ-Stream only supports .wma and .mp3, but on its display it still shows the other not-playable formats...

A work-around would be to separate each audio format into a separate directory tree, but then again: I have different brand players which play different audio formats...